003 - Prototype 3 - B888CHK - 1.8 - LHD - Current owner known (FORD UK)

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

003 - Prototype 3 - B888CHK - 1.8 - LHD - Current owner known (FORD UK)

Post by Justin Smith »

The good news about this car is that she is alive and well at is part of the FORD Heritage collection and spends most of her time at Dagenham in Essex.

In Graham Robsons 7th newsletter he says; "Car No.3 - Retained by FORD by exhibition purposes"

I orginally thought she bore the index B340CAR but some checks on the public DVLA system shows she is actually B888CHK.

She bears the chassis number SFACXXBJ2CED00003 and the records go on to show the following information:-

Make: FORD
Model: OTHER
Transmission & fuel type: PETROL
Body type: SPORTS
Engine no. ED00003
Colour: White
First Registered: 15/2/1985
Year of Manufacture: 1984

What is interesting is that the chassis number has the letters ED just before the end - This gives a build date of July 1984 which seems about right, another final interesting piece is the marker "There are no plate change or colour change records associated with this car. This car is still registered to its first keeper" - So that will be FORD then !

In April 2004 I was told she was at M-Sport having some restoration work but I never had any photos from that time but in July 2004 (WA) did send me some images from his archive. This was when the car was at Ford Fair in 1984. Another enthusiast sent me some images from when her saw her at Gaydon in 2004. In August 2008 (M) sent me some images of #003 at her home in Dagenham.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images