014 - B200YEV - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (MB) - Germany

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

014 - B200YEV - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (MB) - Germany

Post by Justin Smith »

From my digging I believe this car was sold originally to Thor Holm from Norway around November 1986 having originally been registered to FORD. (Someone sent me an image of the V5 to show this).
V5.jpg
A FORD document dated 30/6/1989 confirms this car as being one destined for Holm T as a LHD Rally Norway - See the FAQ "How many were made ?" section for more info.

I know that in 1989 Tickford were asked to quote to convert #0014 from Rally Spec to Road Spec and to convert to RHD, I do not know if the work was ever completed though. The car os featured on the cover of the RS200 video made by DUKE.
The car is quite important as she was one of the works car, many of which begun B200.

In June 2004 I was in email conversation with the owner of #010 and they said they thought #014 was driven by Kalle Grundell and afterwards most probably by Joachim Santos (Portugal) I realised at that point that I have driven this car many times..... whilst playing Colin McRae 4 on my Sony Playstation ! In November 2004 I was emailed some info from someone who thought that a Klaus Zwart used to own this car around 15 years ago and in December 2004 I had confirmation that some years before, this car was on exhibit at the Grampian Transport Museum in Aberdeenshire.

In 2007 John Barrie sent me some images of the car as he had driven it many times.

"I was employed by Klaas Zwart as his personal mechanic looking after the RS200 as well as his 6R4, 205T16, Countach,911, Daytona,328,348,308,and various other toys. I know he sold the 6R4 because there was an article in a magazine about it and the owner said he had bought it from him. I was at a friends house last weekend and he dug out the photos I sent you and it was the first time I had seen them and they were taken many years ago at Alford. My friend Wayne and my self took the RS200 and the 6R4 out of the museum and had a play with them the day before the sprint. Klaas took the car out, screwed the boost full up and broke the front prop-shaft as a result. He now lives in Spain and owns Hotel Ascari race resort and Ascari cars. He still has his house in Aberdeen and his wife still lives here but I don’t know where all the cars are."

David Rae made contact in 2009 about the car and sent me some images.

"The car is still around and its in Aberdeen. The car was never converted by Tickford. Still in full rally trim. In my dads collection of photos I have pictures of it venturing out in the Scottish rally 1986 when the owner first took ownership. Its been the same owner since new apart from ford. Close friend of my dads used to maintain the owners cars and it hasn't been out since 1993. The owners son tried to get it going to take it to the RS show in 2000 however could not get it going."

(SV) sent me some more images and then in 2010 (I think) I had a breakthrough from (JA)...

"Hi Justin, Just to let know and update , I now own No 14 B200 YEV. The car was Stig Blomquists Rally Sweden and rally Portugal car,it was then Mark Lovells Circuit Of Ireland car He came 4th, It was then bought by Thor Holm who rallycrossed it in 1987 and early 1988,then Thor used it on the 1988 Pikes Peak Hillclimb where it came 5th Steve Strip looked after the car on the event,and gave me a photo of the car on the event. The car was then returned to rally spec and sold in 1989 to Klause who i bought it from, the car needs a total restoration which we have just started."

A check on some public data systems show this car has the full chassis number of SFACXXBJ2CFE00014 which gives a build date of December 1985.

The system then says:-

Make: FORD
Model: RS 200 4WD
Transmission & fuel type: PETROL
Body type: COUPE
Engine no. FE00014
Colour: White
First Registered: 04/02/1986
Year of Manufacture: 1986

She is shown as having 2 previous keepers with the most recent taking ownership on 21/10/2007 and the previous one being on 16/08/1989. "There are no plate change or colour change records associated with this car. "

In February 2012 the car changed owner again. It had been purchased by a German collector (FW) and will now by located in Germany. It was undergoing a new restoration under supervision of John Wheeler and was planned to be seen at some historical rallies that summer. It could be that the car came back to (JA) for a while in the UK but I cannot remember.

August 2023 - Just updating the database and I think the car is owned by (MB) but maintained by (L) in Germany.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry but search google with B200YEV and you can find loads more information yourself.

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images