016 - Unregistered - 2.1 - LHD - IMSA CAR - Current owner known (EG) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

016 - Unregistered - 2.1 - LHD - IMSA CAR - Current owner known (EG) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

In October 2005 I was reading some of the original RS200 club magazines and it mentioned that #016 was the IMSA-GTO car and then in January 2006 I was sent some images of the car undergoing restoration work in Colorado.

In May 2007 I was then sent some more images by (KB) as he built the car back in the 80's for Dan Ripley and then in June 2007 (IO'S) sent me an image of the car unpainted outside Gordon Spooners workshop in Essex, I think you can just seen the nose of another 200 in the right hand side of the shot.

The first image you see has on the back of the photo "San Antonio, Texas September, 1989 RS-200 IMSA "Prototype"

Finally, in February 2008 (JC) sent me some more images he had found while surfing the net.

I think that the car may have been sold during 2009 but I cannot be sure so I'll leave her still as showing as owned by (CS) in the USA.

I have known for a while that 016 has a new owner and is alive and well in the UK and being brought back to as she was which is great news. I've seen her myself and she is a beast !

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images