034 - C829KWC - 1.8 - LHD - Current owner known (FM) - France

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

034 - C829KWC - 1.8 - LHD - Current owner known (FM) - France

Post by Justin Smith »

On 12/12/2003 I found this car for sale while looking for car to buy for myself, she was in France. I emailed the seller, a Mr (RdB) and he said the car was for sale for 62,500 Euro which at the time was about £43,857.

I did not really want a LHD car although the price was good so I passed on the opportunity but in January 2005 I heard from a new name saying the car was now being offered for sale through him for a Mr (R), I never did find the sales price at that time but by August 2005 the new owner, (FM) made contact from France saying he had bought her.

From my digging I believe that she was originally sold by FORD to a Mr (GR) from the Isle of Wight around December 1987 and was sold after fittment of a new transaxel and a 300 BHP kit. I did some googling on (GR) and I suspect it is that same (GR) that is heavily involved in motorsport and runs a F1 GT team !

From looking at some public data systems I can see that she has the full chassis number of SFACXXBJ2CGL00034 which means she is the lowest of the normal "GL" builds which most 200's are, this give the date January 1986.

The data goes on to say:-

Make: FORD
Model: RS 200 4WD
Transmission & fuel type: PETROL
Body type: COUPE
Engine no. GL00034
Colour: White
First Registered: 19/2/1986
Year of Manufacture: 1986

The system says there has only ever been 1 keeper change on 05/01/1988 and that there are no plate change or colour change records associated with this car.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images