053 - D49FOT - 1.8 - RHD - Current owner NOT known - Last known to be in UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

053 - D49FOT - 1.8 - RHD - Current owner NOT known - Last known to be in UK

Post by Justin Smith »

I think this car was originally sold to (DS) from Fordingbridge, Hants around March 1987 and then later to a (PH) from Kingston in Surrey but the good news is that in 2004 I met (KS) whose boss owned the car but he was able to use it for shows etc when ever he wanted to - Nice !

(KS) and I met quite a few times and he was often blagging his way onto FORD demo events as you can see from some of the images - Cost him a clutch though !

Sadly in 2008 (KS) moved onto a new job and although we are still in contact, car 053 doesn't get out as much now but is still owned by (PH) in the UK.

January 2018 - (FG) sent me a link to 053 at auction here https://www.motorsportauctions.com/inde ... =2&b=40245

We are pleased to offer this Ford RS200, chassis #0053, which was supplied new by Hendy Ford, Eastleigh to another retail Ford dealer at the time, Nicklens of Fordingbridge, under their parent company Shearing Builders Ltd. The car was first registered on 24th March 1987 and remained with the original owners until July 1997 when the Hendy Group bought it back through their Cosham branch. Ever since, the car has remained within the company's heritage collection of cars and has seen infrequent use, mostly being taken out to shows for display and promotional purposes. Although not driven regularly, it has been well maintained and the car has been through the workshops annually to ensure it's always ready to go.

Now showing just 8,876 miles on the odometer, this rare car is supplied with a UK V5c, an MOT until 1st August '18, and its original leather bound RS200 driver's manual. In very original condition, this fabulous RS200 evokes memories of one of the most dramatic eras in rallying history and may well be the missing jigsaw piece in a Ford collector's puzzle.

Chassis Number: SFACXXBJ2CGL00053
Engine Number: GL00053
Number of cylinders: 4
CC: 1796
Year of Manufacture: 1987
RHD/LHD: Right Hand Drive
Estimate (£): 120,000 - 150,000
(+buyer's premium of 15% including VAT @ 20%)

The Race Retro Classic Car Sale will take place at the Race Retro International Historic Motorsport Show 2018 at Stoneleigh Park, Coventry, CV8 2LG (map/directions).

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images