062 - C200KHJ - 1.8 - LHD - Written off by FORD (at least two cars have this number) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

062 - C200KHJ - 1.8 - LHD - Written off by FORD (at least two cars have this number) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

From reading the original RS200 Owners Magazines (Issue 3 Page 3) you can see #062 is being talked about by Alan Fenwick. He comments that the damaged tub of the car (following a roll in the Scottish that you can see in the video section) was used to form the basis of Graham Hathaways RallyX car.

The car was re-built but Mike Little (who ran the car for Mark Lovell and Roger Freeman) tells me it later ended up being burnt out on the RAC rally, he sent me an image of the car with the team standing round it.
23 November 2009.jpg
Mark and Roger sadly lost their lives on the first special stage of the Oregon Trail ProRally event on July 12th 2003, a tragic loss. Mike sent me an image for the files...
ML.jpg
I am told though that despite at least 2 big incidents in it's life the car lives on having been yet again re-built using a new shell and now resides in the UK.

I was also in an email conversation with (CW) who also bought a car purporting to be C200KHJ and after lengthly negotiations (and inspections) they were issued with a replacement plate, C471RJR.

A check on public data systems shows this car bears (or bore) the full chassis number SFACXXBJ2CGL00062 as you would expect.

It then goes on to say:-

Make: FORD
Model: RS 200 4WD
Transmission & fuel type: PETROL
Body type: COUPE
Engine no. GL00062
Colour: White
First Registered: 29/01/1986
Year of Manufacture: 1986

It then states, "There are no plate change or colour change records associated with this car" and states there is only 1 previous owner with that change taking place on 07/02/1989.

A FORD document dated 30/6/1989 confirms this car as being in a list of cars "written off" - See the FAQ "How many were made ?" section for more info.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images