067 - C200HVW - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner NOT known - Thought to be in Italy

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

067 - C200HVW - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner NOT known - Thought to be in Italy

Post by Justin Smith »

I think this car was originally sold to Mr A Gordon from Hants, UK around January 1987, I stumbled across it in December 2003 when I was looking to buy my own car. It was for sale with Classic Car, it stated...
, "Robert Droogmand. 1986 rally car. Droogmand raced 2 cars during that season, this car, British registered C200HVW and another car British registered C200MNO (which was designed for off road and which won the endurance race of 24 heures d’Ypres). The present car, chassis number #SFACXXBJ2CGL00067 has been mostly raced in rally on sealed roads and is lighter and quicker than the second car designed for off road. It is absolutely original, in excellent condition, never restored, only well maintained. We will have the exact race history before mid-September (as the owner has complete files but is away till then). A very nice and major piece of rally history and would just need some minor calibration in order to be fully race worthy. This splendid rally racer is immediately available in continental Europe for 135,000 Euros all fees and taxes included."

A FORD document dated 30/6/1989 confirms this car as being one destined for Gordon A as a LHD Rally Sweden - See the FAQ "How many were made ?" section for more info.

In October 2006 I was sent a link showing the car to be for sale by somebody else, this time at 220,000 Euros.

A quick check on some public datasystems confirms the car to have the chassis number SFACXXBJ2CGL00067 and it says:-

Make: FORD
Model: RS 200 4WD
Transmission & fuel type: PETROL
Body type: COUPE
Engine no. GL00067
Colour: White
First Registered: 03/03/1986
Year of Manufacture: 1986

There is only 1 keeper change shown on 10/03/1987.

In 2010 I was told the car was in Italy as part of a private collection near Torino.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images