069 - C200MNO - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner NOT known - In Irish museum

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

069 - C200MNO - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner NOT known - In Irish museum

Post by Justin Smith »

From the FORD records I have seen I think this was sold in March 1986 to (DH) from Norway, it is mentioned in one of the early RS200 magazines that it was a works car. A FORD document dated 30/6/1989 confirms this car as being one destined for "Handley D" as a LHD Rally Norway - See the FAQ "How many were made ?" section for more info.

In 2004 I was lucky enough to track the car down to Ireland where is resides in the Modello Park museum - I do not know who the owner is though but I did have a phone call one morning from the gentleman that I think ran the museum, problem was I wrote his name and number done on a scrap of paper next to the bed (it had been a late night) and have since lost it !

(SV) and (AH) send me some images they found off of the net, I love seeing the old rally ones.

A check on the public data systems shows it has the full index of SFACXXBJ2CGL00069 and it goes on to say:

Make: FORD
Model: RS 200 4WD
Transmission & fuel type: PETROL
Body type: COUPE
Engine no. GL00069
Colour: White
First Registered: 3/4/1986
Year of Manufacture: 1986

I finishes by saying, "There are no plate change or colour change records associated with this car. This car is still registered to its first keeper."

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images