071 (EVO 219) - ?????? - 2.1 - LHD - White - Current owner known (AK) - Holland

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

071 (EVO 219) - ?????? - 2.1 - LHD - White - Current owner known (AK) - Holland

Post by Justin Smith »

I really don't know much about this car at all. The FORD records show this car was originally sold to Frank Profera in the USA around June 1987 and I know is is one of the original 20 EVOLUTION cars that were created by Ford. A FORD document dated 30/6/1989 confirms this car as being one destined "Pleasureable Developments 2nd Car" as a LHD Rally (E) USA - See the FAQ "How many were made ?" section for more info.

I spoke to Frank and he remembers owning #106 and #165 but not #071 so not sure what the original records mean.

This vehicle was destined to be chassis 219 but retained it original chassis number #071 - I have no other information on the car - Do you ?

April 2017 - I have been emailed by (AK) who now owns 071 and has her with him in Holland, he also send an image for the archives...

"71: 1700 km - The Ford RS200 'Evolution' car was imported into the United States to compete in the 'Pikes Peak Hillclimb' in Colorado for the outright record. The first car was wrecked in the effort and this, the backup car, did not participate. The car was bought by the American owner in 1989, at which time the gearbox was upgraded to an 'X-Trac' racing gearbox. There were no other modification, to speak of. The car has seen little use. In 2007 it was bought by the current dutch collecor which had it until now."

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images