073 - 200 - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (KT) - Japan

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

073 - 200 - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (KT) - Japan

Post by Justin Smith »

From the FORD paperwork I have seen I think this car was originally sold Mr (AB) around December 1987 having been run since Feb 1987 by Graham Robson as a "test car". At some point I think this car was owned by Chris Timms who was MD of a Ford Dealership in Lancashire. I think he also might have owned #117 at some point ? At that time the car bore the UK index C142JJN.

A FORD document dated 30/6/1989 confirms this car as being one destined for "Bone A" as a LHD Road Britain - See the FAQ "How many were made ?" section for more info.

The car can be seen in the November 1990 edition of Fast Ford and is written about by Graham Robson in his books.

In June 2004 another enthusiast, (WA) sent me a some images for the database and then someone sent me a great image of the car in 1986/7 at a Ford Dealer in Worksop during service halt on Dukeries Rally and then at the Stafford Classic Car Show some time later and now red ?

In December 2005 (AH) sent me the below, he thinks it was being driven by Ford Motorsport Staff leaving the holding area of the 1987 National Breakdown Rally in Scarborough, Yorkshire. They were following / management of Mark Lovell's Sierra XR4x4 rally car..

Then in March 2007 I had a great email about #073 and #117..

"Hi Justin, Just come across your web site on the RS200. Firstly, some updates for you...

Car 073 was actually owned by my dad, Stephen Timms... Chris Timms had the other car 117 (I think 117, I will check this for you). They were partners... MDs of Timms of Leigh as you can see on the side of car 073 at the show in the picture. I actually remember going to that show many years ago! Both cars were white when they took delivery, then Dad had 073 sprayed red and Chris had 117 sprayed in the Ford stripes. I haven't seen an RS200 for years now - it was a sad day when it went. For both my dad and I the RS200 is our all time favourite. We used to go to Oulton Park every week in it and I can distinctly remember the whistling sound from the turbo when changing gear. Anyway... I'm babbling now. Good luck with the site!

Cheers, Christian"

I love getting emails like that, priceless pieces of history that we can preserve here for the future.

In 2009 Graham Lomax sent me an email with a couple of images attached.

Hello, I have 'unearthed ' a couple of photo's that may be of interest to you. They were taken at Oulton Park race curcuit , Cheshire in the late 1980's I think , I may have other shots of rally versions in action on the RAC rally but they may take a while to find. Regards - Graham Lomax

In 2020 I missed a communication that explained that the car was in Japan owned by (KT) and wears the registration number 200.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images