074 - D463HYH - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (JA) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

074 - D463HYH - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (JA) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

From the FORD records I have seen I think this car was first owned by (BS), Germany around June 1987 and in October 2005 I received an email from him confirming that he did indeed own of #074 - He sent me some great images, at that time she wore the number HP E1.

He also mentioned that he was thinking of selling her... "Dear Justin Smith - Thank you for the fast reply, yes, the car is in Germany, in my hands. - The engine has other injectors (Bosch), Porsche Wastegate, KKK turbocharger, the Ford kit for more hp, includes the big diameter Exhaust tubing with the Ford kit manifold. Fully Aeroquip equipment, and the heavy screws are change to titanium, it is a road car, but with hard bushings all around. -
The car is lower on the road as the original car: the Bilstein peoples make me a set of shocks with the original rating, but shorter and so the car is low on the road. - With 13.000 kms I have get a new engine, built in at Aston Martin Tickford. - Ever I had a misfiring engine, I found, that the loom to the ECU was shortened from new in the factory an was drilled together jus by hand, I think the loom must be repaired, my cross reference list shows me, it is a production part from ford. - Also the gearbox shift a little hard, I prefer to open it for inspection. - My sales price is near GBP 52.000. - The car is sold private and without German VAT - To see for you, from witch hands the coming: I’m a system supplier for all motor sport company’s with special parts, made here in our house. See the appendix. - Best regards, (BS)"

Then around summer 2006 I learnt that a friend in the UK (JA) had bought her and brought her home, DVLA re-issued the original index.

Late in 2007 (JA) sent me an update, ""The car has been developed over the last year and has been very reliable on rallies in Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Corsica, Austria and the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Spec:- Uprated Shocks and springs, power steering,315 AP brakes with drilled discs, uprated radiator with twin fans, low ratio gearbox, rally seats and harnesses, and full safety equipment, and intercom, wets and dry tyres, light pod, Jeff Page 1900cc engine with management complete with laptop. The engine is one rally old, spares package." - At this time he was thinking of selling #074 to finance a new purchase but a little later I heard he had managed to do so without selling her.

You can see many images of this car as (JA) is often out in her!

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=AB5 ... 0&dpr=1.25

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images