081 (EVO 209) - C836SRB - 2.1 - LHD - White - Current owner known (EG) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

081 (EVO 209) - C836SRB - 2.1 - LHD - White - Current owner known (EG) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

According to FORD records, this car was going to be sold to Jonma Mapierkainin of Finland although I know FORD Spain were in possession of her at some point but whether that was for sale or on loan I do not know. I think though it was sold to Richard Morrision (Global Motorsports Inc., John S. Eversley) around January 1990 and exported to the USA.

In 2004 I found a link to the car being offerred for sale - No price though.

"Ford: 1986 Cosworth RS200 Evolution Group B Rally Car. #081 Ford of Spain team car. Still in Marlboro livery. 600+ hp. Fully restored, perfect condition with all rally equipment, as raced. Complete spares package including spare tub, (EVO) body work, new 2.1 liter Hart Cosworth engine. Two gearboxes, one transfer case, etc. Enough to practically build another car. Entertaining all reasonable offers. Offers e-Mail: xxxxxx@aol.com"

In August 2004 I found that the car was in the UK with a new owner (JB) who had imported her.

He gave the following info, "She is the Ford of Spain 1989 Gravel Championship car (Jesus Puras) and runs on an x-works EVO engine with big valved engine (550 - 600 BHP). She has big diffs front and rear (with oil cooler for rear), FF Dog Box, Full gravel suspension arms, magnesium bilsteins, oil cooler, power steering, skid shields, big 315mm Brakes all round, fly-off hydraulic handbrake. She is set up for tarmac at the moment due to the "Slowly sideways" events she has been to and he was thinking of selling her for about £135,000."

In September 2005 the car changed hands again and now lives with (EG) in the UK, he had her registered as C836SRB for UK road use.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images