082 - B20ORS - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (JJ) - Czech Republic

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

082 - B20ORS - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (JJ) - Czech Republic

Post by Justin Smith »

According the FORD paperwork I have seen I think this car was originally sold to Jeff Churchill from Mid Glamorgan around April 1986. In March 2004 I was in email conversation with (GC) who at the time owned this car, a works spec 450 BHP.

The index at the time was B20ORS but had also been C888JTH in the past. In June 2004 (WA) sent me a some images from the Ford Fair Cornbury Park 1994 when at that time it was owned by (MT)

In August 2005 I met (GC) at the RS National Day at Donnington Park and he said that he had been having lots done to #082. In Summer 2006 I took my 200 up to (GC)'s house. I could see #082 undergoing a huge nut and bolt re-build with some stunningly engineered replacement parts, like 6 pot callipers all round. Good news was I bought his old 315mm units and he fitted them to #193 for me ! - Result !

In 2008 though I was updated that #082 was finished and up for sale:-

Rally Spec, Power Steering, Geoff Page engine, RS200 Kevlar seats, 6 pot brakes, 18 inch wheels, EVO radiator with twin fans, works gearbox, oil cooler, 3 new electric fire extinguishers - In March 2009 I was told that #082 had a new owner (BW) and indeed that new owner made contact to explain that #082 was now in Germany.

In July 2014 I received an email from (JJ) who said,
Hello Justin,

It is the pleasure for me to announce you this car has been from December 2013 in my rally car collection. Next week will join Eifel Rally Festival in Daun with Vaclav Pech (multiple Czech rally champion) behind the steering wheel. The car was rebuild by former owner to LHD and reverted to original version from „tuning“ .

Regards

(JJ)
November 2014 - I forgot to reply initially but when I did I asked a little about the Vaclav Pech driver..
The correct is that the car is my property and is the part of my rally and race cars collection. Vaclav Pech is my contract driver, who drive my MINI WRC in Czech rally championship and from time to time also some of my classic cars. Now I am working together with John Wheeler on the total rebuilding of the car . He will come to Prague next Thursday and we will agreed all points, which we need to do, in order to put the car to the same status as was the factory rally cars. As I did find in all accessible sources, the car was very first rally version of RS 200 supplied to private customer ( Jeff Churchill). Because now nobody knows ,what was real level of the“ rally“ changes on the car, we solve to put it to the works specification. If you can advise, where I can get more info about my car, I will appreciate it.

Regards, (JJ)
He also sent me 3 more images for the photobucket :)

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images

Nikki

Re: 082 - B20ORS - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (BW) - Germany

Post by Nikki »

Two weeks ago 082 participated as a display car at the Mickhausen European Hill Climb race in Germany. The owner kindly invited me to go and see it at the race, many thanks for this. :D
Here are a few pictures that I took during the great day at Mickhausen where I had a great time. 082 is looking absolutely stunning and in great shape. She did over 15 display rides up the hill on the weekend without missing a beat !

Click a thumbnail to view larger version.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Nikki

Re: 082 - B20ORS - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (

Post by Nikki »

Some excellent photos were kindly supplied to us by the owner of 082. These were taken at Mickhausen hill climb 2011.

Photos credit goes to Tomas Bubel - used with kind permission on RS200.ORG.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image