083 (EVO 218) - Unknown - 2.1 - LHD - Current owner NOT known - Possibly in Switzerland

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

083 (EVO 218) - Unknown - 2.1 - LHD - Current owner NOT known - Possibly in Switzerland

Post by Justin Smith »

From looking at the old FORD documents I believe this car was originally sold to (DR) from the USA around October 1990 although he may just have been acting as an agent as I later found that (DG) owned the car in the USA. This vehicle was destined to be EVO chassis 218.

I did find an advert on the www offering her for sale stating, "Ford RS200 Evolution. #083 car. 2.1 Litre Cosworth Single Turbo. 600+ HP. One of 24 ever made. This car is factory original and has been driven less than 10 miles since new. "

I emailed the seller (TR) and he told me the car was for sale for $185,000 and he gave me a link to some other photos.

In November 2004 I finally made contact with the owner (RG) - He confirms he still owned the car and that it might be for sale but I got the feeling he didn't really want to part with it, I can understand that feeling, at this time is was being offerred for $250,000 USD. In August 2007 I was given a new link mentioning the car being for sale @ $275,000 USD and in January 2009 (RG) confirmed she had been sold.
"Justin - I traded the car for two Ruf Vin Porsches through the Ruf Auto Centre in Dallas, Texas, about nine months ago. Sorry for not contacting you. Having had the car for so many years and not really driving it was very depressing. I wanted some cars that I could take on the road without any legal issues. The Ruf’s are great automobiles. I loved the rs200, the guys in Dallas had it running perfectly. All original. Whoever bought it got a true time capsule. I believe I saw it advertised on the RS200 site, someone was asking if anyone knew the chassis # of the car and I responded that it was my old car, at least it appeared to be by the pictures on the site. RG"
Since then the car has dissapeared although one has appeared in Switzerland for sale and it could well be #083 - Hopefully someone will let me know :)
http://www.elite-zuzwil.ch/index.php/f ... carid=1394

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images