155 - C74BNX - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner KNOWN (TM) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

155 - C74BNX - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner KNOWN (TM) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

According to FORD paperwork I have read this car was originally sold around February 1987 to Tildesley Ford from Walsall, West Midlands, UK complete with Rally Stripes and at the time of writing this car is now owned by (TM) who also owned chassis #143.

He agrees that the car was owned by FORD up until 1998 and has Xtrax Transmission, full stainless underbody running 520 BHP he still uses it for rallying in !

In Feb 2004 - I found this link http://www.alert12.freeserve.co.uk/rs200.htm and in August 2004 I found some images taken at the Jack Frost Stages at Croft January 2003.

A basic HPI check in August 2004 showed...

Manufacturer Ford
Model
Body type 2 door saloon
Colour White
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 31 December 1986
Number of previous owners 1
Last owner change 20 February 1998

In September 2005 Phillip Redman made contact, he remembers #155 quite well as he was the oil company rep at the time for Tildesley Ford of Walsall in about March or April of 1987. He worked for Mobil and they were one of his bigger accounts, so he used to visit them 2 or 3 times a month, but as good terms as he was on with them, they never offered him a burn in it!

They bought it as an investment in effect. He remembers the service manager, a guy called Keith Sadler, showing it to him with great pride when it arrived. They paid 55,000 pounds for it. They filled it with Mobil 1 Rally Formula and drove it a little bit, but otherwise, it was just used for showing off and for publicity purposes.

Tildesley became part of an outfit called Tristar, who were owned by (he thinks) some Palestinians based in London. As well as the Walsall branch (where the RS200 lived) they had another at Aldridge and another at Bloxwich. Walsall was the Rallye Sport dealer. Tildesley Ford no longer exists, we assume they went bust and that that was what prompted the sale of the car.

In March 2008 Adrian Lewis sent me an original image of the car - Thanks :) and around the same time (PA) sent me a link to an original auction for the car http://www.motorbase.com/auctionlot/by-id/1716102885/

I know (TM) quite well and have seen the car many times, still waiting for a ride in her though ! (hint hint !! ;) )

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images