182 - A20OEV - 2.1 E2 - RHD - White - Current owner NOT known - Last seen in the UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

182 - A20OEV - 2.1 E2 - RHD - White - Current owner NOT known - Last seen in the UK

Post by Justin Smith »

I think this car was originally one of 5 planned to be bought by Tom Cahalane of Sun International, California USA but it never left the UK as it was sold on by Mr Cahalane to Alan Fenwick in the UK. Alan Mr Fenwick bought or was buying chassis #113 and #163 also ( I think these were G801TJD and G901TJD.)

In September 2005 Alan Fenwick got in touch to confirm he owned #182 and at that time it was originally G900TJD but he had it changed to A20OEV. It is listed as a 2.1 EVO, not one of the initial 20 cars sent by FORD for "evo-ing" but built to this spec by FORD on request of the purchaser.

There are videos of this car being abused and "thrown" into a field by Mr Clarkson also when I bought my RS200 I was given some magazines featuring the RS200. - I saw this car pictured in an article in a December 1990 edition of Fast Ford, middle page, front row, first car.

In December 2005 I was sent a great image from Andy taken at Donnington Park in 1992 and in July 2006 I was sent some info about #182, apparently the top gear video was filmed at Crail airfield in Fife Scotland. After Clarkson put the RS in the potato field he then took out a 1000BHP skyline and took it very easy round the track.

Both of these cars belonged to (DJ) who as far as the emailer knew, were still both in his private garage in home. The RS200 and 1000BHP skyline were also at Crail the day after that video were shot. The skyline run on the quarter mile drag strip but the RS200 would not start after Clarkson had put it in the field the previous day. I am told that the car is still locked up in his garage all repaired cost of the BBC.

In 2009 I made contact with (DJ) and he confirms that he still has the car.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

What also makes this car special is the fact that it was the car that set the Guinness book of records entry for fast car.

There are some great images of the car being detailed at this web page http://www.theultimateshine.com/index.p ... ocus-RS500

16.1.2011 - Car #182 (A20 OEV) sold today at Coys auction for £111,000 all in with commission £123,600 - I am hoping the new owner will make contact.

2014 - Still not heard from new owner :(

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images