187 - E30EVW - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (RB) - Germany

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

187 - E30EVW - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (RB) - Germany

Post by Justin Smith »

From the FORD paperwork I have read I think this car was originally a FORD demonstrator and registered as E30 EVW. When I bought my RS200 I was given some magazines featuring the RS200 and in June 2004 I was in email conversation with the owner of #010 and they said they saw #187 when Bob Howe visited them and that the car was sold to maybe a Mr (B) from Bitburg, the car was changed from RHD to LHD.

I saw this car pictured in an article in a December 1990 edition of Fast Ford, Middle page, front row, 2nd car along.

In May 2004 I received an email from William Arnold who has been photographing and cataloguing RS200's also, he saw chassis #187 at NurburgRing in June 2000, it had dealer plates on it and was sometime during 2003 it was featured in a German magazine but again, no index plate could be seen.

In August 2004 I made been in contact with the owner from Germany, (RB).

The car was fully rebuilt with the frames being powder coated, all panels re-aligned, power steering fitted, leather dashboard added and brought up to 101% in every detail. This car has been driven by King Hussein of Jordon, Jackie Stewart, Jonathan Palmer and a young Damon Hill while being used by Bob Howe as he car. (RB) sent some photos.

In January 2005 I was sent a link showing chassis 187 as for sale http://www.mobile.de/cgi-bin/da.pl?bere ... 1147361536 @ 95,000 EURO but in March 2005 (RB) made contact and said #187 was no longer for sale.

In December 2008 I got this email from (PW) "Hi I`m (PW) from Germany. In 1991 I bought an RS 200 from Ford Motorsport in Boreham Car No.187 It was the last car which they offered and was driven by Bob Howe. I had a very fine time with the car and did a lot of modification . I`m afraid but I sold the car in 1998. Now I found your Web-Side. Do you still produce this car ? Or is there a car zo sell ? Also if you want something to know about the original car - ask me Regards (PW)"

2/09 - Frank Urso sent me an image..

"Hi Justin, great site, have been really interested in RS200's for years and have enjoyed the info you have gathered.... Anyway I have been going through my old pictures and have come across some RS200,s from a few years ago If you are interested I can some them to you for inclusion. Here's one of chassis 187 E30 EVW from late 80,s taken O think at Brands... cheers Frank"

11/13 - I found a great image amongst Bob Howes photos he gave me of #187 being given a hard time on a track which to me looks like Boreham.
E30EVW.jpg
If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images