Ian Baker

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
rjheath92

Ian Baker

Post by rjheath92 »

Hi there,
I'm new to this forum but I am currently an RSOC Member.

I was hoping someone may be able to help me.
Back when the RS200 was being built, My uncle, Ian Baker used to work at the factory.

When he passed away there was a story about him in the RSOC Magazine about him driving B200 COO from the factory to an RAC Show.

I've found a few pictures of him, one of them being in Rallye Sports Fords by Mike Moreton, there's one or two in the RSOC Magazine and I've got one at home of him standing next to an RS200 in the factory.

I know its abit of a long shot, but i was hoping someone on this forum may of knew him or may even have some pictures of him.

Thankyou in advance
Rhys

Here he is pictured on the right hand side at the front with the glasses and moustache Image
Nikki

Re: Ian Baker

Post by Nikki »

Hi Rhys,

Welcome to RS200.org forums.

Sorry to hear about your uncles' passing and thank you for posting the picture.

I'm sure someone on here may have known him. We have a couple of members that also worked at, or closely with folks in the Shenstone assembly.
rob_esc

Post by rob_esc »

rjheath92 wrote:Hi there,
I'm new to this forum but I am currently an RSOC Member.

I was hoping someone may be able to help me.
Back when the RS200 was being built, My uncle, Ian Baker used to work at the factory.

When he passed away there was a story about him in the RSOC Magazine about him driving B200 COO from the factory to an RAC Show.

I've found a few pictures of him, one of them being in Rallye Sports Fords by Mike Moreton, there's one or two in the RSOC Magazine and I've got one at home of him standing next to an RS200 in the factory.

I know its abit of a long shot, but i was hoping someone on this forum may of knew him or may even have some pictures of him.

Thankyou in advance
Rhys

Here he is pictured on the right hand side at the front with the glasses and moustache Image
Might be worth posting on this old thread on piston heads, I'm sure a few posters on their knew people or had relatives that were there back in the day

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... nes+&mid=0
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

Ian,

Have you had a look through some old RSOC magazines as COO was featured in some of the 1986 magazines from memory.

Justin
jackson.40

Post by jackson.40 »

Hi Rhys

Let me know if you would like me to check the 1986 RSOC magazines, i have a full set from the first one to 1990.

Regards

Steve