oil

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related

oil

Post by 108 »

whats best oil for my road version? and how much, it no say in the "binder" ?
Ta
Nikki

Re: oil

Post by Nikki »

108 wrote:whats best oil for my road version? and how much, it no say in the "binder" ?
Ta
It sure says in the binder. :-)

Section 6 page 15:
Engine
The recommended oil is Ford Oil, whose viscosity rating is SAE 10/40. This is suitable for all ambient temperatures which the RS200 will encounter.
Having said that, this is 1986 information... I'm sure there are options out there that may far outperform this particular oil specification... Maybe another owner will chip in on what they use nowadays on their road car?

Post by 108 »

Nikki wrote:
108 wrote:whats best oil for my road version? and how much, it no say in the "binder" ?
Ta
It sure says in the binder. :-)

Section 6 page 15:
Engine
The recommended oil is Ford Oil, whose viscosity rating is SAE 10/40. This is suitable for all ambient temperatures which the RS200 will encounter.
Having said that, this is 1986 information... I'm sure there are options out there that may far outperform this particular oil specification... Maybe another owner will chip in on what they use nowadays on their road car?
couple are saying 5w /40 , so going to go with that, its not hard used ... mechanic says he could not find it in the Bible :-( , gave him a copy for night time reading :lol:
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

108 wrote:couple are saying 5w /40 , so going to go with that, its not hard used ... mechanic says he could not find it in the Bible :-( , gave him a copy for night time reading :lol:
Nice one ! That'll keep him busy ! :-) :lol: