RS200 wanted

Cars spotted for sale and those seeking a car
cxa2000

Re: RS200 wanted

Post by cxa2000 »

jimsrs200 wrote:Hi Claudio
Did that price include the buyers part, i paid a lot less than that and got lots of spares,so iam very happy :D with the price
Jim
no 95k just the car in total with buyers premium £106k.

claudio
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

tentenths wrote:
cxa2000 wrote:Sold for £111,000 plus commission, all in total £123,600 8-)

The seller would only get just over £95k after commission, fees and transport are deducted.

A very poor return if you deduct the work carried out on the car. I would guess he lost a bundle .

The power output went against the car. Unless you are a fairly serious competition chap then its useless. It looked a nice car and it was an Evo. I thought it would do more.

Sold for £111 and someone bid £110. Doesnt feel right and I have my own thoughts.
There were some rather large panel gaps on the car and the rear clam wouldnt open fully, little things that just make you think whether you should be parting with well over 100k :?:
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

The Evo makes this look fair value.

Dont know the story . It looks like some shill bidding going on, which is off putting but I suppose bidding off the wall is no different ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Austin-Metro-6R4- ... 4aa7b6a54a
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

tentenths wrote:The Evo makes this look fair value.

Dont know the story . It looks like some shill bidding going on, which is off putting but I suppose bidding off the wall is no different ;)

Looks alright, not many pics though, i might even have punt myself if its a genuine car :D

I think this is the same fella that was trying to sell the RS book on ebay about 2/3 weeks ago. :?:
jimsrs200

Post by jimsrs200 »

Hi Claudio
Thanks for letting me know about the Focus,that means iam a very happy :D :D :D :D guy
Jim
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

Thanks for the update on the auction, I wonder who the new owner is ?

You are right, it looks like it is Phillipe using the same Ebay account he used to sell his book which, incidentally, was withdrawn from auction prior to it's end and all bids cancelled. It had got to about £36 and I guess the self publication costs alone for that via Lulu.com were more than that !

That 6R4 auction looks a little suspect to me, look at the bid history, one user with a zero feedback is pushing it up. I can remember when the controversial #076 was on Ebay, the same thing was going on then.

Justin
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

Justin Smith wrote:Thanks for the update on the auction, I wonder who the new owner is ?

You are right, it looks like it is Phillipe using the same Ebay account he used to sell his book which, incidentally, was withdrawn from auction prior to it's end and all bids cancelled. It had got to about £36 and I guess the self publication costs alone for that via Lulu.com were more than that !

That 6R4 auction looks a little suspect to me, look at the bid history, one user with a zero feedback is pushing it up. I can remember when the controversial #076 was on Ebay, the same thing was going on then.

Justin
Yep, i did think its a bit suspect as well, i have sent the seller an email asking for further info and photos, havent heeard a thing yet.

The two rs500's at coys i thought sold as the auctioneer normally says not sold if a car doesnt reach reserve.
It Looks like the owner hasnt actually sold them after all :o

claudio
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

The guy selling the 6r4 is a well known dealer from Monaco and he knows his cars. Dont be taken in by the sparse description.

He isnt giving out chassis or any other info, just an odd titbit so do not understand his game plan. The bidding is very suspicious indeed.
:?

Car may well disappear before auction ends.

stradman

Post by stradman »

Isn't it interesting that there suddenly appears to be this huge flurry of activity on the rs200.org website over the last week? I have never seen so many posts in such a close proximity in a while. Everyone comes out of the woodwork whenever money becomes the subject matter! In this case how much this car or that car is selling for or sold for etc.
Hey even the replica guys come out to say their car is now worth 10k more! Ah the smell of money, I guess does that to people.
C'mon guys, dont' just come on here for the money discussions! Don't you think Justin?
The website is also about the joy of cars you know not just their value :)
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

stradman wrote:Isn't it interesting that there suddenly appears to be this huge flurry of activity on the rs200.org website over the last week? I have never seen so many posts in such a close proximity in a while. Everyone comes out of the woodwork whenever money becomes the subject matter! In this case how much this car or that car is selling for or sold for etc.
Hey even the replica guys come out to say their car is now worth 10k more! Ah the smell of money, I guess does that to people.
C'mon guys, dont' just come on here for the money discussions! Don't you think Justin?
The website is also about the joy of cars you know not just their value :)
Well i posted some questions about having a problem with leaking brake fluid resevoirs and asked for advice, the only person that actually bothered to say anything was Klaus who wished me luck with the issue 8-)

If some people are only interested in talking about money, what things are worth etc, whats wrong with that, its better than no discussions at all ;)