RS200 wanted

Cars spotted for sale and those seeking a car
Mike 2

Re: RS200 wanted

Post by Mike 2 »

stradman wrote:Isn't it interesting that there suddenly appears to be this huge flurry of activity on the rs200.org website over the last week? I have never seen so many posts in such a close proximity in a while. Everyone comes out of the woodwork whenever money becomes the subject matter! In this case how much this car or that car is selling for or sold for etc.
Hey even the replica guys come out to say their car is now worth 10k more! Ah the smell of money, I guess does that to people.
C'mon guys, dont' just come on here for the money discussions! Don't you think Justin?
The website is also about the joy of cars you know not just their value :)
Of course its about the money! Every collector / owner wants to see how much his car is going to be worth when it comes to selling it regardless of make and model. 90% of RS200's were bought to speculate on and make the owner tons of money just like the original GT40 did. Unfortunately the RS 200 didn't have the same impact or turn of fortune as the GT40. The hike has also taken much longer than expected, but now that the bar has been raised - again ( probably the best since the early 90's) I bet there will be a few more appearing out there soon; oh look there's another one on eBay. Its arrived just at the right time! Funny that! ;) it must be a coincidence.
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

Me thinks you are getting carried away.

The Coys seller gets about £95k for a genuine Evo.

Read the description. He blew his bollocks on the car. Believe me if he got away with spending £50k he was lucky. It just so happened a friendly German had some Euros burning a hole in his lederhosen ( if thats how you spell it) bought the car.

Anyone who frequents auctions immediately works out how much the seller or distressed trader was paid and it wasnt good news it was bad as it made the asking prices being touted around expensive.

My maths says he then should have bought the car for £45k. He almost certainly lost money unless he bought it a very long time ago.

There are a few basic cars being advertised for more money than the Evo. Dont you think that the sellers are getting carried away ? There not sold, they are being advertised at these prices.

A replica hasnt gone up £10k. Why would it.
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

that 6r4 is still creeping up 42k this morning, bet he pulls it off a few hours before the listing ends :roll:
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

cxa2000 wrote:that 6r4 is still creeping up 42k this morning, bet he pulls it off a few hours before the listing ends :roll:
I think you're right Claudio... By bet is that he hasn't even got this car on sale... He may have seen one to buy and may be just have put up listing to measure the possible value.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

stradman wrote:Isn't it interesting that there suddenly appears to be this huge flurry of activity on the rs200.org website over the last week? I have never seen so many posts in such a close proximity in a while. Everyone comes out of the woodwork whenever money becomes the subject matter! In this case how much this car or that car is selling for or sold for etc.
Hey even the replica guys come out to say their car is now worth 10k more! Ah the smell of money, I guess does that to people.
C'mon guys, dont' just come on here for the money discussions! Don't you think Justin?
Hi stradman. Your comments are very pertinent but I can't help to notice that your only 2 posts on the forum are also related to this thread, the value of the cars and "money"... I totally agree that we could benefit about the joy of the cars and have discussions about all other RS200 topics, so you're more than welcome to start a topic... ;)
stradman

Post by stradman »

Mike 2 wrote:
Of course its about the money! Every collector / owner wants to see how much his car is going to be worth when it comes to selling it regardless of make and model. 90% of RS200's were bought to speculate on and make the owner tons of money just like the original GT40 did.
Well if it is true that 90% of RS owners buy to speculate, then I think that is extremely sad then........