RS200 - #156 - £100k

Cars spotted for sale and those seeking a car
tentenths

Re: RS200 - #156 - £100k

Post by tentenths »

stradman wrote:Have you ever thought perhaps that the price of the Evo that was sold at auction recently was actually a stonking bargain(which I think was) and that I doubt you will be able to pick another one up of similar value ever again?? And don't tell me that just because it was sold at that particular auction that is definitely its market value. If that car was marketed differently, perhaps at a different venue, and through different channels, I am sure it would have raised more money. So maybe you shouldn't use that as you yardstick.....
I live in the real world. Thats the price an EVO sold for.

Not a basic car which is a completely different animal but a genuine very rare top of the range EVO. This is the collectors car of choice.

The several basic cars being advertised at £100 and over have NOT sold. This is a fact. They havent sold because they are overpriced.

Their owners think they have a precious collectable classic and they do have a collectable car but nothing even near the value of the EVO

The car at auction was widely advertised and it achieved the market price. No other type of advertising would have made it better. This is reality

:)
stradman

Post by stradman »

One car sale, does not, a market make I can assure you..... And that is reality my friend
stuartg

Post by stuartg »

Agreed! And if I were a collector looking for a RS200, I would have left that Evo where it was. The one on ebay is a standard original car and is a far better investment than a heavily modified one. The one of ebay may not be worth £100k but it's certainly worth far more than an insulting offer of £50k.
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

stradman wrote:One car sale, does not, a market make I can assure you..... And that is reality my friend
You are correct one car does not give a market value but when there are several basic cars with almost zero miles not selling, it makes you wonder why
:D
Last edited by tentenths on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

stuartg wrote:Agreed! And if I were a collector looking for a RS200, I would have left that Evo where it was. The one on ebay is a standard original car and is a far better investment than a heavily modified one. The one of ebay may not be worth £100k but it's certainly worth far more than an insulting offer of £50k.
I do not agree that £50k was an insulting offer at all. It was a very serious strong offer for a basic car . Where you chaps get your valuations from is a mystery to me. £50k is an awful lot of dosh for a car that cannot really do owt and certainly would need serious money spent on it before you could compete
stuartg

Post by stuartg »

Nobody is going to sell you a complete original low mileage RS200 for £50k so if that's your budget, you should perhaps be looking on the replica forums etc.

I could buy the car on ebay for £50k, break it for spares and make a decent profit.

And as for making it ready to "compete", nobody would be buying it for that purpose anyway. I think you are living in fantasy land. If the "real" value of a mint original RS200 is £50k, why haven't you bought one already rather than spending your time telling people who actually own cars how deluded they are about their car's value?!
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

stuartg wrote:Nobody is going to sell you a complete original low mileage RS200 for £50k so if that's your budget, you should perhaps be looking on the replica forums etc.
I could buy the car on ebay for £50k, break it for spares and make a decent profit. (TOSH)

And as for making it ready to "compete", nobody would be buying it for that purpose anyway. ( THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR) I think you are living in fantasy land. If the "real" value of a mint original RS200 is £50k, why haven't you bought one already rather than spending your time telling people who actually own cars how deluded they are about their car's value.
As you are so very clever. Explain why R M auctions have ANOTHER EVO at £50k-£75k estimate or is the leading classic car auction house in the world deluded as well. :lol:
stuartg

Post by stuartg »

I have never said that my car or indeed the one on ebay is worth £100k. In fact I doubt many RS200's are worth that sort of cash unless they are factory rally cars or genuine Evos. What I am trying to point out to you, and you are clearly missing the point completely is that pretty much any genuine car is good condition is worth far more than the insulting offer of £50k you made to the seller of the one on ebay.

The Evo coming up for auction is a) in America where most people have no idea what a RS200 is and b) in my opinion hugely undervalued if it is as per the description.

You clearly can't afford a real car so have come on this website to try and wind people up. If you really were a genuine RS200 enthusiast and potential buyer, you would be contributing something useful and not alianating everybody else out there.
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

stuartg wrote:I have never said that my car or indeed the one on ebay is worth £100k. In fact I doubt many RS200's are worth that sort of cash unless they are factory rally cars or genuine Evos. What I am trying to point out to you, and you are clearly missing the point completely is that pretty much any genuine car is good condition is worth far more than the insulting offer of £50k you made to the seller of the one on ebay.

The Evo coming up for auction is a) in America where most people have no idea what a RS200 is and b) in my opinion hugely undervalued if it is as per the description. ( Then they are wrong ? )

You clearly can't afford a real car so have come on this website to try and wind people up. If you really were a genuine RS200 enthusiast and potential buyer, you would be contributing something useful and not alianating everybody else out there.
I suspect you unwittingly grossly overpaid for your car, if indeed you own one. as for you remark. I am a serious buyer. R M auctions are the largest International classic car auctioneers in the world but it seems that you know prices better than they do. I suppose if you convince yourself long enough you start to believe it, then you lash out at anyone who lives in the real world and says it as it is. If this suits you thats fine by me.
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

Gentlemen please, healthy debate yes but let's remain friends here :)