RS200 - #156 - £100k

Cars spotted for sale and those seeking a car
tentenths

Re: RS200 - #156 - £100k

Post by tentenths »

Justin Smith wrote:Gentlemen please, healthy debate yes but let's remain friends here :)
Do you know anymore about the US car ? It seems a low estimate and I will have a go at it :)
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

I'll have a look in the files tomorrow, I was once in contact with the owner but cannot remember who it was.
stradman

Post by stradman »

tentenths wrote:As you are so very clever. Explain why R M auctions have ANOTHER EVO at £50k-£75k estimate or is the leading classic car auction house in the world deluded as well. :lol:
FYI, http://www.artcurial.com/en/asp/fullCat ... o=10333081. Estimates are not the end all be all in many situations..........

I don't think you really know how auction houses actually work(they have a very devious undercurrent flowing to lure buyers)......
PABRST

Post by PABRST »

Tentenths - I really hope you win the auction then prehaps this forum will return to the interesting enjoyable forum it used to be before you turned up.
I know this is an open forum but your opinion on the cars values is becoming quite boring now.
A car is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it , however a car will only sell for what an owner will let it go for.
(Unless someone goes bankrupt and a car gets auctioned)
Simple the owners of the cars know how much their cars are worth because if they don't want to sell it to you you ain't gettin one.
So please please please check the adverts and put a post in the wanted section but stop telling everyone how much the cars are worth. ;)

Regards Pete
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

PABRST wrote:Tentenths - I really hope you win the auction then prehaps this forum will return to the interesting enjoyable forum it used to be before you turned up.
I know this is an open forum but your opinion on the cars values is becoming quite boring now.
A car is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it , however a car will only sell for what an owner will let it go for.
(Unless someone goes bankrupt and a car gets auctioned)
Simple the owners of the cars know how much their cars are worth because if they don't want to sell it to you you ain't gettin one.
So please please please check the adverts and put a post in the wanted section but stop telling everyone how much the cars are worth. ;)

Regards Pete
You mean an interesting auction about the ebay car is interesting. I have only bid on one car from the UK the other two are basic l/h drive cars that I decided I was not interested in and so I dont know what value the cars you speak of are.

I am simply pointing out the differences that make EVO's cheaper then basic cars, which is confusing as I would value double the other way. If this makes it quite boring for you then I will stop :?
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

I think what Pete was saying he thinks is boring is your repeated communications about low valuation of a standard car, I don't think he was referring to the value comparison between an Evo and a regular car... Pete correct me if I am wrong.

Actually I think you may have touched a good point about the difference in value between Evo, ex-Works car and Standard cars, and I think maybe you are wrong in believing that an Evo should be worth twice as much... The sales volume of these cars is so low that it makes it hard to make a pattern and a recently it seems that all has been based around the recent Evo sale at Coys which of course as already said, one car does not make a market.

Another thing I don't understand and have never agreed to is the reason why rallycross Evo's should be worth more. Of course if they have a history of victories this will call for some higher cash but in most cases these cars are fully stripped down RS200's rebuilt for racing, battered up, crashed, straightened and then reassembled back into road cars after their racing career ended. To me (just a personal opinion) a car like this would have no value added whatsoever... Being able to say "I have XXX Rallycross car in my garage" means nothing once the car has been reassembled into a road car and no longer looks anything like it used to when racing. Not to mention that many rallycross cars were bitsa cars and others were standard cars with BDT-E engines in them (which in my opinion does not make them an Evo).

Lastly, IMHO, the real valuable RS200's are the ex-works (rally) cars... They are the easiest to trace and they have the history that goes with them. Incidentally, except for the Marlboro livery car, none of these are Evos'. ;-). Tentenths, since you are looking for a car to race I think you should be looking at one of these and be prepared to spend 150K upwards for a good one... Buying a standard car for say 70-80 K and converting it for proper rallying will probably end up costing that much anyway or if you're lucky only slightly less. The same will apply if you buy an Evo... Don't think it will be ready to race, let alone being eligible... If scrutineered correctly at a historical event, an Evo may not be eligible, since it was never raced in 1986

My 2 cent.
PABRST

Post by PABRST »

What I am getting at is it does not matter if a RS200 is standard, EVO or Rally Cross.
A car is worth only as much as the present owner wants to sell it for.
If you don't want to pay that price you don't get to own the car.
Anybody can say a car is worth £20K-£50 less than an asking price but at the end of the day you will not get to own the car unless the seller decides to sell it for that reduced price.
How I see it is if I won the lottery tomorrow I would buy No.156 for £100K the next day therefore the car would sell and that would make the asking price correct.
Unfortunatly I have not won the lottery but I could afford £40K however I would not dream of offering the seller this amount for a car up for twice this amount. Never know there might be someone out there who is generous with loads of money spare who would sell me a car for this amount so if anyone knows of this person please put them in contact with me.
I can only dream of this happening so how about waking up and smelling the coffee.
Back to the real world now.
Bye............. :lol:
Pete.

Post by 108 »

makes you :lol: :lol: when newbies think they can pick up any RS200 for £50k, those days are long gone.... :roll:
posso

Post by posso »

cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

#156 sold today at the Bonhams auction for £114,000 plus commossion takes it to £126,900, nice car and i see it also had the problem of weeping brake fluid reservoirs that eventually drips fluid onto the chassis leg, must be a design fault.
Lancia S4 was a good buy at £95k plus commossion :o