replica on pistonheads

Cars spotted for sale and those seeking a car
tentenths

Re: replica on pistonheads

Post by tentenths »

cxa2000 wrote:I have a non evo rhd with the factory 350bhp upgrade and a number of other upgrades :D
Does it have Gold door nobs :D
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Alright Gentlemen... This thread is going nowhere now... Let's just accept each other's different opinions on values and leave it at that... If you wish to debate this further please use the PM function.

Thread locked
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

tentenths wrote:
cxa2000 wrote:I have a non evo rhd with the factory 350bhp upgrade and a number of other upgrades :D
Does it have Gold door nobs :D
No, but it's a crystal chandelier and wilton carpets :D however for your 45.5k i'll sell you the chandelier instead :lol: ;)
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

No, but it's a crystal chandelier and wilton carpets :D however for your 45.5k i'll sell you the chandelier instead :lol: ;)
I can see the chandelier on the front of the bonnet. Doesnt it tip up like a push bike if you push the front brakes too hard.

:roll:
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

no, the chandelier is only for show events, too valuable to use on the road :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RS200WRX

Post by RS200WRX »

as the manufacturer of the much villified Subaru based rs200 look alike, I'll not use the word replica because it obviously gets peoples blood boiling. I am used to reading these kind of threads with great amusement. My first car that I built and then sold after 2 years use, went for 16k (curiously enough). I was quite happy with that I had barely 10k in the car anyway. It actually changed hands last year for 30k. The people who advertised it also regarded it as a supercar in its own right. With 380bhp 4wd and interior comfort and trim of a high standard they called it a supercar, and who am I to argue? It, as well as my current one (number 5 build) is capable of 0-60 in under 4.5 seconds it has stability and handling and braking to match many 80-100k+ supercars. Does price only determine what is a supercar? Or should we really regard something that individually impresses a person as a super-car its only a space but does it matter to the description?

The problem we have here and also on the Mustang Owners forum where the die hards rip into our Glassfibre Eleanor GT500 rep...ooops look alike is' that there will be those fans (and often not necissarily owners either) of the genuine cars who will rip the replica to bits, why? Well because of this amazing virtual annonimity the internet provides, they can sit there and throw ill concieved comments without the risk of any physical retribution. Also they are quite often guilty (as is the case here) of not fully reading/understanding the advert, thread etc and write a comment in a forum before actually fully appraising themselves of the facts.

So, I will thank those contributors to this thread who have supported the replica as being a car in its own right, even if you wouldn't own one, you at least apreciate the concept. Me personally I have driven real RS200s, past owners of real RS200s have driven my look alike. I will agree with them that, although the real car will always have the kudos, the aura and the presence, that the copy can never have, my car was way nicer/easier to drive than the real one better brakes, power steering, more room all those and many things aside, if I could ever afford a real one I'd buy one, I do love the RS200 but I had to build my own and luckily I am able to do that.

So far 5 of my Impreza based cars have been built and for half the price of one genuine Evo. And when I'm swanning about on a daily basis in my car I think this one only cost me about 6k to build (it is in daily use rain or shine) and people see the enigma that is an RS200, look alike or not and go home with a photo and a smile on thier face having seen it I think it really makes my day. Finally, cos I'm bored now, when the many people come and talk to me (often after chasing me for a few miles) I never kid on its a real one, not even for a second in fact I believe that being a look alike they appreciate the car in its own right even more.
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

I was going to comment on this thread earlier, but I think Trev has hit the nail on the head.
Think I'll just leave it at that.

Mike