replica on pistonheads

Cars spotted for sale and those seeking a car
cxa2000

replica on pistonheads

Post by cxa2000 »

tentenths

Re: replica on pistonheads

Post by tentenths »

Is it just me or is there a club somewhere that instructs replica owners on how to self believe that their cars are the real thing.

In the advert above it starts off with

FORD RS200 EVO200 REPLICA BY RS AUTOMOTIVE

It ends with

As already mentioned, this car should not be seen as a replica

What ? Eh ? Is it ? Have I misread or what ? :?
PABRST

Post by PABRST »

tentenths wrote:Is it just me or is there a club somewhere that instructs replica owners on how to self believe that their cars are the real thing.

In the advert above it starts off with

FORD RS200 EVO200 REPLICA BY RS AUTOMOTIVE

It ends with

As already mentioned, this car should not be seen as a replica

What ? Eh ? Is it ? Have I misread or what ? :?
Hi Tentenths

I think you may have misread or what!

Try reading the complete paragraphs below and you might understand.

The EVO200 replica by RS Automotive is without doubt one of the very best of it's kind. However, the car should be viewed in it's own right, rather than a replica of something else, a tubular space-framed chassis'd, Cosworth powered mid-engine supercar, weighing just 1100kg, with fully adjustable Leda suspension, huge handling and braking capability with easy potential for 450-500bhp/ton power to weight ratio, coupled with looks and presence almost unlike anything else.

As already mentioned, this car should not be seen as a replica, but viewed in it's own right as a very rare, quite stunning and most unusual high performance, properly engineered, space-frame chassis'd, mid-engined race car for the road. If you are looking for one of these, or indeed any other lightweight, mid-engined, high power to weight ratio sports car with truly stunning looks and headturning appeal then this particular vehicle is very hard to beat. You will not find a better built car anywhere!!

Unless I am mistaken the owner states it is a mid engined tubular space frame race car
I cannot see anywhere in the advert that the owner believes that the car is the real thing so what exactly are you on about.

Next you will be posting the car is only worth £100 because thats all you would pay for it.

I know this is an open forum but I get the feeling you only come on here to try and upset people with facts that nobody else realy agrees with, this is a great site so lets keep things positive eh?

Perhaps I have misread something along the way and welcome constructive criticism.

Regards

Pete.
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

THE ADVERT QUOTES : ( this car should not be seen as a replica ) It looks like a RS200 and the advert starts off by calling it a replica.

So its not a replica ? Ok then! I completely misred the advert and there was me thinking that a real car was an original car and a kit car was a copy of which I was sure this was and with a probable value of about £20-£22k. Personally I would not pay that amount you are correct in your assumption but there are a large number of people that will and thats great for the kitcar business. Its not a supercar by definition although It is though no doubt a quick car.

The Lancia on ebay seems reasonable and is track ready

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REPLICA-LANCIA-ST ... 2a0d95d05c

I value RS200's as follows. No doubt I will get kicked in the bo**ocks but its how I value them today.
Evo £85k+
Standard 200 £45k+
Relicas £16k +
Last edited by tentenths on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
PABRST

Post by PABRST »

Hi Tentenths

The reason I felt I had to post on here in the first place was because of the strange comment in your first post.

Quote: Is it just me or is there a club somewhere that instructs replica owners on how to self believe that their cars are the real thing.

I can't work out by reading the advert you think replica owners beleive their cars are the real thing (Genuine Car) and why you would post such a negative comment.

Regards

Pete
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

tentenths wrote:THE ADVERT QUOTES : ( this car should not be seen as a replica ) It looks like a RS200 and the advert starts off by calling it a replica.

So its not a replica ? Ok then! I completely misred the advert and there was me thinking that a real car was an original car and a kit car was a copy of which I was sure this was and with a probable value of about £20-£22k. Personally I would not pay that amount you are correct in your assumption but there are a large number of people that will and thats great for the kitcar business. Its not a supercar by definition although It is though no doubt a quick car.

The Lancia on ebay seems reasonable and is track ready
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REPLICA-LANCIA-ST ... 2a0d95d05c

I value RS200's as follows. No doubt I will get kicked in the bo**ocks but its how I value them today.
Evo £85k+
Standard 200 £45k+
Relicas £16k +
I was hoping to offer my car to you at a discounted price of £125k :lol:
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

Your car may well be worth it but its not for me but thanks for the offer.
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

thats a bummer, i'll just have to hang on to it then i suppose lol :D
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

cxa2000 wrote:thats a bummer, i'll just have to hang on to it then i suppose lol :D
Is your car an Evo with a competition history ?
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

I have a non evo rhd with the factory 350bhp upgrade and a number of other upgrades :D