RS200 EVO (#070) for sale on eBay

Cars spotted for sale and those seeking a car
Dogsbone

RS200 EVO (#070) for sale on eBay

Post by Dogsbone »

For sale in Houston, Texas. VIN not stated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

William (096)
Dogsbone

Re: RS200 EVO for sale on eBay

Post by Dogsbone »

Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Nice find, thanks for sharing. :-) Looks like a very nice and clean Evo... and the mileage :o
posso

Post by posso »

Nikki

Post by Nikki »

I think you're right... it's got no ears, the standard single piece wheels and the hydraulic hand brake. ;)
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

Am i right in saying that its not street legal either in USA or UK because it has a hydraulic handbrake, and if so, are the UK registered one modified in some way :?:
Dogsbone

Post by Dogsbone »

I don't think any RS200 is street legal in the USA as I don't think they have type approval there.

The EVO isn't strictly road legal in the UK because of the hydraulic handbrake, but my car (096) has always been road registered in the UK. I guess when it was first registered it was done using the type approval for the orginal RS200's. For the MOT test I have to take it to someone who's willing to overlook this. Although I think if I took it somewhere and didn't mention this, most MOT testers probably wouldn't notice anyway. Even though there is no separate caliper for the handbrake lots of cars have the mechanical and hydraulic handbrake within the same caliper, so it's not something they would be looking for.

I notice in the pictures that the car for sale is running a standard front transaxle assembly and also has a standard rear diff housing. The dogbox normally fitted to the EVO has no provision for a mechanical spedometer drive, hence the Terraspeed you normally see fitted to the EVO which is driven from an inductive pick-up on the nearside front wheel.

William (096)
Justin Smith

Re: RS200 EVO (#070) for sale on eBay

Post by Justin Smith »

Just to update the group. Car 070 has a new owner in the US. I expect the car will be brought back to her former glory knowing his past projects ! - I am sure he will make contact of here to say hello soon.
torqueatif

Post by torqueatif »

Dogsbone wrote:I don't think any RS200 is street legal in the USA as I don't think they have type approval there.

The EVO isn't strictly road legal in the UK because of the hydraulic handbrake, but my car (096) has always been road registered in the UK. I guess when it was first registered it was done using the type approval for the orginal RS200's. For the MOT test I have to take it to someone who's willing to overlook this. Although I think if I took it somewhere and didn't mention this, most MOT testers probably wouldn't notice anyway. Even though there is no separate caliper for the handbrake lots of cars have the mechanical and hydraulic handbrake within the same caliper, so it's not something they would be looking for.

I notice in the pictures that the car for sale is running a standard front transaxle assembly and also has a standard rear diff housing. The dogbox normally fitted to the EVO has no provision for a mechanical spedometer drive, hence the Terraspeed you normally see fitted to the EVO which is driven from an inductive pick-up on the nearside front wheel.

William (096)
I thought all road going cars 1800cc or 2100cc used syncro boxes, surely the Evo's never used dog boxes for the road cars?
I know dog boxes were used in Rallycross, Xtrac producing one type and fergerson the other. I also believe Xtrac were the only people to make the heavier duty cases ?
Standard transmissions take the speedo drive from the front diff, maybe the Xtrac cases do not have this feature?
Can anyone clarify fact here, were dog boxes used on the world championship cars or just rallycross cars and were dog boxes fitted to Evo road cars?

Regards....Lyle