One more for sale on Ebay in the USA EDIT: VIN 169

Cars spotted for sale and those seeking a car
Nikki

One more for sale on Ebay in the USA EDIT: VIN 169

Post by Nikki »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-FOR ... 4e7d#v4-36

Looks like a street car. Anyone has a clue what VIN this is ?
Justin Smith

Re: One more for sale on Ebay in the USA - unknown VIN

Post by Justin Smith »

That is car number 169 :)
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

Shame about all the import duties and vat involved ;) would be a nice car for someone in the UK to own at £82k
I heard somewhere that there are ways around all the import duties, one of which is to completely dismantle a car and bring it over as spare parts and then reassemble it:?: no idea if thats true or not
boxerman

Post by boxerman »

I have been bidding on this car. Dont mind paying but there needs to be value. If a well running low mileage EVO sold for $159k then how much is a standard car that while low mileage has been parked for years.

What does it take and cost to recomission one of these, and what is the percentage price difference between an evo and a standard car assuming both cars equal.
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

UK based low mileage NON evo cars have been around the £120,000 mark recently as seen a couple of times in sales during 2011.

Not sure to be honest the EVO cars that have sold this year have got their proper money as they have been a similar price but then again they have been US based cars so the market is different there as are the rights to use on the road.

In years before you could expect a 35% increase in price to get a 2.1 over a 1.8 - more for works cars or cars with some unusual history.

Anyone wanting to move it has to consider shipping and tax implications.

As always with 200's, with so few built and not that many moving per year over the world - the price can often be altered by who else was in the race and how much they wanted to win !

I would expect to spend maybe £2000 on new fluids, belts, labour, unblocking fuel pumps, re-flowing injectors etc to get it ready for the road assuming nothing is found to be faulty.
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

Is it worth all the hassle, assuming someone pays the 82k you're not going to get much change out of 115k to get it it back to UK and on the road.

Was the car registered at any time in the UK, because the duty i beleive would be reduced if it were a returning car that was manufactured and registered in the UK and then exported :?:

Good luck with it

Claudio
Mike

Re: One more for sale on Ebay in the USA EDIT: VIN 169

Post by Mike »

Hey I have car 169, if anyone is interested feel free to ask me anything about it, and I'll do my best to answer it. Also if anyone wants any more pictures etc feel free to ask, thank :mrgreen: s
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Hi Mike, welcome to RS200.org Forums...

If you have any pictures that we can place in the chassis number database for 169's entry that would be great. 8-)

Good luck with the sale. :)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Sure, what do you want pictures of?
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Mike wrote:Sure, what do you want pictures of?
Any pictures you're willing to share of the car. :-)