Pat Doran's RS200E Rolls To Grid

Here are some video LINKS and DOWNLOADS for you to digest
tbtstt

Pat Doran's RS200E Rolls To Grid

Post by tbtstt »

Not the longest clip, but a brief video I shot of Pat Dorans RS200E rolling up the grid at Round 2 of the 2009 Winter Rallycross series, as held at Lydden Hill Race Circuit, Kent.

I don't know the chassis details of this car (or if its even a "proper" RS200), so if anyone can fill in the blanks (or tell me where I can read more about this car), then please feel free to do so! :D
Justin Smith

Re: Pat Doran's RS200E Rolls To Grid

Post by Justin Smith »

Great video - Thanks for posting it up here !

I've seen this car (and helped work on it during a demo day in 2008 & 9 @ Lydden Hill) and it is a real 200, whether it was built from a FORD assembled chassis from day 1 or from the big pile of spares I am not sure as it doesn't have the original VIN plate now but then again it has probably been re-built so many times from crashes that not much is the same as what it was like on day 1 but yes, a real 200 and it goes like stink ! (If you are ever at Lydden Hill go find one of the Doran family, the're real friendly people and i'm sure they will show you over the car) :)
tbtstt

Re: Pat Doran's RS200E Rolls To Grid

Post by tbtstt »

Thanks for the reply - very interesting! I've often wondered whether this was a "real" RS200 or a replica (in some form). Pity that the car isn't used in competition by the Doran's at the moment, though I know it was borrowed by Ollie O'Donovan for the last round of the BRC this year, so hopefully it'll be used in competition again next year.

I'm at Lydden for most rallycross events and I always spend a moment (or two... :lol: ) looking at this car if its in the paddock. It was this particular RS200 that caught my eye a few years ago and encouraged me to go and check out rallycross, purely to see an RS200 being used in competition - I've been hooked on the sport ever since!