Matchbox 1:55

A database of all the RS200 models that we think exist
Justin Smith

Matchbox 1:55

Post by Justin Smith »

Matchbox seem to offer the largest range.

It seems there are minor variations between some Matchbox RS200's, for instance, some door numbers are in black, some in blue ? - Whether this happened after or during the production run I do not yet know. They all seem to be given the same part number of MB-34 whatever the colour. These are 1/55 scale models.

Starting with the most recent example, the Fanta orange car. I first saw this in 2006 and I am told it was made for the Chinese market the year before. Mine came sealed in a plastic bag. I have never seen a boxed one. The underside of this is EXACTLY the same as all the other MB-34 models I have.

Then there is the white car with blue decals and the number 7 on the door and a grey interior. I have two of these, one 'high mileage' version with plenty of dents and a brand new one in a box. It seems this was a popular model as it appears in lots of different packaging, the US did it on a different sort of card, from Europe there is a triple card and again for sale in the US in a different sort of box.

I saw a white car on Ebay. It has no stripes and red windows although whether it was sold like this I do not know.

This is the another white car, this time with red decals but again number 7 on the door. Mine is exactly the same as this one in a blister pack rather than an actual box. Note that this car has the blue FORD logo on the rear sides.

I saw another on Ebay, it initially appears the same as the car above but has the number 7 painted in black and has no blue ovals at the rear quarters, then there is the blue number 2 car. This one is on another type of card.

If you find some more variations please post them here and i'll take your info and tidy up this entry from time to time :)

Justin

Images

Zeus

Re: Matchbox 1:55

Post by Zeus »

Matchox released:
White with light blue stripes no 7 1986 Made in Macau
White with dark blue stripes no 7 1987 Made in China
Blue with white stripes no 2 1988 Made in China
White with red stripes no 7 in black 1990 Made in China
White with red stripes no 7 in blue & ford logo 1991 Made in China
White with pink windows graffic traffic 2 pack 1991 Made in China