Altaya: B200YEV

A database of all the RS200 models that we think exist
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

I bought this car off an Italian Ebayer - The car says "Made in China" on it bottom but no indication as to who made it, nice for a £5 though ;)

If you find out anything else about this model please hit REPLY !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images

Below we used to have a very nice embedded slideshow of images for this model courtesy of PhotoBucket, however they have changed their system and I can no longer find a way of embedding the images so you need to click the link below to open a new tab/window in which to view the slideshow, sorry, not my fault :(

cardy

Re: Unknown Make: B200YEV

Post by cardy »

thats an altaya model they come on the rally car collection magazine
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

Ah ha ! - Thanks for that !! - I shall re-name the thread :)
Zeus

Re: Altaya: B200YEV

Post by Zeus »

3 Other Altaya available.
Zanini/Autet Rally Islas Canarias 1986(full detail interior)
Sainz/Moya Rally Race Madrid 1987(full detail interior)
Santos/Oliveira Rallye de Portugal 1986(unpainted interior)
Chris Biewer

Re: Altaya: B200YEV

Post by Chris Biewer »

One interesting note: As far as I am aware is Altaya a cover up name for Ixo. Maybe a bit like Renault and Dacia, Ixo doesn't want to ruin their name for cheap models, or more like they don't want to ruin their own prices. So indeed the Altaya models come with magazines originally and then later seem to get into circulation from all ends. That all explains why for their low prices the Altaya models have a sensational quality. Meaning they are not up in quality with Minichamps or Autoart, but they are certainly better than toy quality. They do have variations to Ixo models, but they are assambled at Ixo and they use an Ixo base.

For Ixo's know how the model in concern here has a surprisingly big mistake. Entyr number 8 and by base writing this should be Grundel on the Swedish Rally 1986. However Grundel used B200 YOO. B200 YEV is the Blomqvist car!