Wanted: Set of ears and Lamp Pod with lights

Any parts for sale or wanted and links to such adverts
stradman

Wanted: Set of ears and Lamp Pod with lights

Post by stradman »

Hi Everyone. Just as the subject says. Anybody know how easy to get these. I presume someone has the moulds and has made these??
Ta

Re: Wanted: Set of ears and Lamp Pod with lights

Post by 108 »

bob at spd?
stradman

Post by stradman »

Thanks but where is spd and what does it stand for? Bob's details?
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Sports Power Drive, but he stopped trading at least 3 or 4 years ago. ;)
ibrooks

Post by ibrooks »

Sports Power Drive stopped trading under a cloud (or was maybe sold to RS-Jigtec which stopped trading under more of a thuderstorm or maybe hurricane with plod pounding on the door) I'm not sure of the exact relationship of these outfits.

SPD Bob nowadays usually refers to Bob from Cradley Motor Works. As I undertand it Bob from Cradley was owed money by SPD/RS-Jigtec and as part settlement he got the rights, moulds and jigs to manufacture the SPD200 which is an RS200 lookey-like kit car. His website is

www.sportsandleisurecars.co.uk

Iain
stradman

Post by stradman »

thanks everyone. Would there be any difference between the "real" pods and the replica ones? Any stamps or numbers on them or are they both exactly the same?
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

If they came from Bob at SPD (CMW) they will be re-manufactured pods based on the genuine article , but you would of had to build them up with braces, inserts, loom, relays & so on etc etc which for most people is not so easy.

A couple or so years later Bob tried to reproduce one lent to us by a freind of mine but the moulding company didnt actually complete it properly!

My pod has SPD moulded along the top which I havent bothered to remove as it looks fine.

The original Ford pod is designed to use three fixing points for each light. For my own I used the modern and more readily available four fixings which are much better.

Hope this helps.

Mike