180 ORS - Current owner KNOWN (DM) - United Kingdom

This area is for cars that ARE a RS200 but that were not assembled by FORD
Nationofz

Re: C61SAO - Current owner KNOWN (DM) - United Kingdom

Post by Nationofz »

Reading through C61 SAO's bulging file, there is some interesting 1990s / 2000s social history to say the least, taking in Tyneside property tycoon rags to riches & boom & bust sagas being played out in the public gaze (and the Daily Mail !), Newcastle United Football Club, and of course copious original invoices for all the components from Ford Motor Company

For posterity, here is a writeup from PISTONHEADS when the car was last up for sale :-

RS200 FOR SALE
Legendary Group B car in as-new condition

Just 540 miles on the clock
Usually, a Ford RS200 coming up for sale is cause for excitement around here, so when it’s an example that has barely left hibernation for 15 years and clocked up a mere 540 miles, then we’re temporarily lost in a mental fog of heavily boosted BDTs and flame-strewn gearshifts.
With C61 SAO, the vendor has documentation from constructors Mike Little Preparations to suggest that this is perhaps the last RS200 built. It was apparently a special order for Sir Douglas Hall – chairman of Newcastle United Football club at the time – and then remained in his private collection.

Don't expect this to drive like a Scooby...
Quite how you could own this creation and then clock up such a tiny mileage during all those years remains a mystery to us.
Nevertheless, the debate here now, surrounds whether to leave it pristine and standard, or head off in the pursuit of power. Looks like the ‘ears’ are already there, after all…
If you’re interested, give Drew Wheeler or Simon Bartlett a call on 01428 653924
Advert on PH
Nationofz

Re: C61SAO - Current owner KNOWN (CE) - United Kingdom

Post by Nationofz »

I promised myself to keep cosmetic changes to C61 SAO to the minimum, here are 3 for the digital record :-

Ear grilles, to avoid consuming low flying raptors & the like
DSC03397.JPG
Correct - ish gearknob, relegating the red one to its rightful 4WD / 2WD position I think
DSC03398.JPG
Black swage line round front clam closure
DSC03399.JPG
All satisfying little evening fillers !

Chris
Nationofz

Post by Nationofz »

Just a quick update on C61 SAO - now covered a grand total of 2800 miles, increased boost to c. 1 bar courtesy of Geoff Page, original RS200 buckets restored in red, every trip a voyage of adventure !

Couple of pix attached from the 2015 Newbury Classic Show, Newbury College - just doing my bit !

Chris
DSC06847comp.jpg
DSC06851comp.jpg
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Thank you for the update Chris... Such a lovely example you have. It's great to see it running and being driven about.

Keep the updates coming. 8-)