180 ORS - Current owner KNOWN (DM) - United Kingdom

This area is for cars that ARE a RS200 but that were not assembled by FORD
Justin Smith

180 ORS - Current owner KNOWN (DM) - United Kingdom

Post by Justin Smith »

In June 2007 I received lots of emails about this car as it surfaced for sale at £69,000. You could see from the chassis number (SABTVR03263092343) it was obviously not one of the initial 200 cars but, if it had been built by Mike Little, as claimed, then it should have been a well put together car.

In August that year Mike Little rang and told me all about the car. He had indeed built it himself to full RS200 spec, a few people then made contact and said they had seen it and is was a really nice car. Mike sent me some documents from the DVLA for my files showing the registration process for the car which was great. What he also included was all the set up papers for the rally cars he ran - What a result ! ;)

By November 2007 I was told that C61SAO has been reduced to £49,995 and I think it sold about that time as in November 2008 I was contacted by the new owner (MS) who said he had bought the car about a year prior.

During Oct 2013 I had been speaking to (CE) who was looking for an RS200 and on 20/10/13 he emailed...

"Hi Justin - Just a quick follow up - I did end up agreeing to buy C61SAO, and Geoff Page is picking it up this coming Friday to give it a once over, fit it with a lamp pod & FORD stripes, and generally check it is all in AOK state before I take possession. There are a few pix attached to show it in its current condition, in case these are of interest for your records. It currently has 1588 miles on the clock. It comes with an additional pair of buckets. Looking forward to joining the fraternity ! Best regards (C)"

November 2023 - C61SAO now has a new index 180 ORS and a new owner from a little while ago (DM).

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images

Nationofz

Re: C61SAO - Current owner KNOWN (MS) - United Kingdom

Post by Nationofz »

Hi all

Just to introduce myself as the happy new owner of C61 SAO - thanks Julian for all the kind advice etc. Car is having a few jobs done at present, details to follow ; looking forward to getting behind the wheel !

All the best

Chris
Nationofz

Post by Nationofz »

rs200 014a.jpg
rs200 019a.jpg
rs200 001a.jpg
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

Welcome to the group :)
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Welcome to RS200.org Chris and congratulations on your purchase. She looks great, thanks for sharing the pics.

What are you having done? :-)
Nationofz

Post by Nationofz »

Hi Nikki, pleasure to join the ranks of RS200 afficianados, even though this is only a '+'

The jobs are fairly straightforward ; source & fit a lamp pod, apply works stripe option, replace one or two non original bits & general checkup. It is in the extremely capable hands of Geoff P, who has been a great support in the purchase stage.

The car has been well looked after and has done minimal miles so far. Great history & provenance despite its '+' status. I am really looking forward getting to know it !

All the best

CHris
Justin Smith

Re: C61SAO - Current owner KNOWN (CE) - United Kingdom

Post by Justin Smith »

I've just seen the latest images - I'm hoping Chris will come on and share them !
Nationofz

Post by Nationofz »

Hi all - just a few pictures of C61 SAO in her latest guise. Super drive back from deepest Essex with lots of attention of the right kind.

Given this is an RS200+, albeit with a fascinating story & history of its own, my intention is not to try to transform it into something it is not, i.e. a part perfect evocation of a numbered car, but now preserve & nurture it as it is, with the odd quirk & unique feature (e.g. exposed alloy fuel filler, anyone?!)

Finally what a brilliant car !

Chris
DSC03345a.jpg
DSC03343a.jpg
DSC03341a.jpg
Nationofz

Post by Nationofz »

...and some more...
DSC03349a.jpg
DSC03351a.jpg
DSC03373a.jpg
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Really looks nice!

The stripes bring it alive. Look painted on to me?

Karl still has some split rims avail to finish it off.