C202HCY - 1.9 - RHD - Current owner KNOWN (JH) - Czech Repub

This area is for cars that ARE a RS200 but that were not assembled by FORD
Justin Smith

C202HCY - 1.9 - RHD - Current owner KNOWN (JH) - Czech Repub

Post by Justin Smith »

You can see this car in a RS Owners Club magazine (Red Stripes) dated Nov/Dec 2000.

A basic HPI check shows ...

Manufacturer Ford
Model RS 200 4WD
Body type 2 door saloon
Colour White
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 31 December 1986
Number of previous owners 0
Last owner change 08 August 2000
FORD RS 200 - Check MOT history.pdf
(56.38 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
In November 2004's edition of "Classic Ford", on page 72, there is a column featuring 4 images of C202HCY complete with red stripes still from a shoot out on July 25th 2004. The article mentions that the car was owned by Steve Balkwill from Harrogate. It states that he has owned it for the last 7 years (1997?) although the HPI record shows a keeper change in 2000?

It is bored out to 1900cc and runs 450 BHP at around 1.0 bar of boost. (according to the article)

In April 2006 Steve Balkwill made contact and confirmed that he owned C202HCY. He told me that the car was bought by him from a dealer in Harrogate who obtained it from bankrupt stock, it had no engine at the time but Geoff Page sorted that out which is why it has such a high spec engine. He clarified that it is not bored to 1900cc but has be re-stroked to get the extra cc's. He went on to say she was up for sale so if you want a RHD drive rocket then get in touch with him, price is around £60k.

In May 2006 Steve reminded me that it has Big Front Brakes, Electric Power Steering, Uprated Gearbox mountings, Uprated Clutch, Magnesium Shocks and Blade Anti-Roll Bars, by March 2007 Steve had started to advertise his car for £50,000

I am aware that the car is known as chassis number #023 which according to all FORD documents was never issue so this appears to have been built up after the original run but somehow has got a number from the original VIN number range. You can see in the images I have been sent that it is not an original VIN plate but regardless, from people that have seen the car they say it is a nice example of a 200.

In March 2008 the new owner, (JH), made contact to let me know the car is now with him in the Czech republic, he sent some new images.

Simon Rudge saw the car during an event in 2008 and confirmed it was a really nice car and looked well built.

If you find any further info on this vehicle please email me on justin@rs200.org

Thanks, Justin Smith

Images

MegaJCMartin

Re: C202HCY - 1.9 - RHD - Current owner KNOWN (JH) - Czech Republic

Post by MegaJCMartin »

hey Justin
Why car#23 is under #200+ category. I cannot understand the reason why it wasn't listed as 1 of the 200's. Can you explain me in simple English. Please. I really need to know better about the RS200 history. Thanks,MegaJCMartin
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Hi JC,
It is listed in the 200+ section since it appears to have been built from spares, rather than during the initial batch at the Reliant Factory. It's all explained in the 200+ section.
Hope this helps,
Best Regards,
Klaus
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

Klaus - You are right, the car was built from parts by a UK chap - he did a good job as it's a very nice car but it's not one of the original FORD built cars.

I did have the full story somewhere in my email box as I know a couple of other people who lived nearby when it was being built.
horalek

Post by horalek »

Hello,
in a discussion of my car. You write that you know the history of this car. Can you please give me information that you know? On my car chassis number is stamped SFACXXBJ2CGL0003. I think it had to be made ​​by the Ford factory for car homologation. The car was not only sold in the normal sales network. From a historical perspective, we can not talk about the original nor the vehicles used in some rally cross, where the engines and chassis changed several times. For example, car number 62, 144, 160, which was completely destroyed by fire.

Best regards
Jan Horálek
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

Jan,

C202HCY was built by a chap from the UK who is, from memory the person you bought the car from. (SB) ?

It was built over a period of time with help from a man who passed away a few years ago (DP) - I can't remember how he came by the parts and the spare chassis and tub but if I remember or someone knows I am sure they will help me out ...

(DP) built his own RS200+ which is now owned by someone who was a very close friend of his prior to his passing away.

This close freind is the person who told me the story about the car. All 3 people lived quite close to each other.

From memory (I have photos somewhere that someone once sent me) your car has a VIN plate which has been stamped as ......00023 NOT 00003.

Also, your VIN plate is a very old FORD type like this which is the wrong type for our cars.
Ford62VinPlateGIF.gif
If it was 00003 that you had you are right, it would be one of the 6 prototypes but 00003 is alive and well and is still owned by FORD at lives at Dagenham in Essex.

Hope this helps - From what I remember, C202HCY is a very nice car still regardless of who built her ! ;)
horalek

Post by horalek »

Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Thanks for sharing the video. Some nice footage of your RS200 there... It looks really good. :-)
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Thanks for sharing the video Jan... What happened in the chicane frame when then car needs to be pushed out of the track?