Accurate replica

For chat and information about cars that look like a RS200 but actually are not one
jcm

Accurate replica

Post by jcm »

Hi all

I am a long time (I'm 62) RS200 fan and just discovered this forum.
So far I had never considered building an RS200 (I have built several Seven's) because I had no technical info and/or drawings whatsoever. Now I found one (1) drawing of the chassis in this forum and became wondering wether there wouldn't be possible to obtain a few more detailed ones.
I would like to build one, respecting the original dims - hence a bodywork like the original - powered by (emissions "oblige") a tranversal recent Ford powertrain.
Would it be possible:
1. To get some more drawings enebling me to build a similar alu honeycomb chassis?
2. To buy a bodywork kit which respects the original dims?

Thank you
João,
Sesimbra, Portugal
Nikki

Re: Accurate replica

Post by Nikki »

Hello João and welcome to the RS200.org forums...

There is (was?) at least one company out there which was able to supply the original body panels for the 200... I'm sure one of the talented kit builders on here (Mike ? ;) ) will be able to give you more details.

Have a look also at the dedicated "Replica" section on here... There are some stunning examples of replica 200's.

Cheers,
Klaus
jcm

Post by jcm »

Hello Klaus, thanks for answering
Klaus wrote: Have a look also at the dedicated "Replica" section on here... There are some stunning examples of replica 200's.
It seems that none of the replicæ shown respect the original dimensions.

Cheers
João
Suzi

Post by Suzi »

Hi João

I have some dimensions, tech spec etc I can and email to you if you wish?

I also found this website http://www.evo200.com/contact.html

Not sure if they are still trading. I've just sent them an email enquiry, will keep you posted

Cheers

Suzi
jcm

Post by jcm »

Hi Suzi

Do they add anythhing to the drawing in page 20 of the manual?
If so do please send me to joao.matoso@gmail.com

Thank you

João
Suzi

Post by Suzi »

I'll have a quick look and let you know

I've got every measurement of the car down to bore and stroke! Not sure if it will be enough detail to build a car from scratch though

If you need any technical advice during the build, please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Suzi
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

jcm wrote:Hello Klaus, thanks for answering
Klaus wrote: Have a look also at the dedicated "Replica" section on here... There are some stunning examples of replica 200's.
It seems that none of the replicæ shown respect the original dimensions.

Cheers
João
They actually do... They are made from the same molds that the original panels came from so they are identical to the millimeter. Unless you look under the deck there will be nothing much that will enable you to tell it apart from a genuine example.

If you are after tub dimensions, as you pointed out the manual has them detailed (drawing B200-B053).
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

Welcome Joao,

I'm afraid its the Mercury / KARA / RS Automotic / EVO 200 replica's that are dimentionally different ;) . Not mine.

Building a center tub like the original is easy as long as it is made from a different material, although I cant see any reason to build a replica that way?

Good luck with whatever you want to do and keep us all posted.

CheeRS
Mike
jcm

Post by jcm »

Hi Mike
Mike N wrote:Welcome Joao,
I'm afraid its the Mercury / KARA / RS Automotic / EVO 200 replica's that are dimentionally different ;) . Not mine.
Mike
I have not seen any close pics of your build. Whom did you get the chassis and body parts from?
Mike N wrote: Building a center tub like the original is easy as long as it is made from a different material, although I cant see any reason to build a replica that way?
Mike
Why made of a different material? Why not aluminium honeycomb?
(...) CheeRS
Mike[/quote]

Cheers
João
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

"I have not seen any close pics of your build. Whom did you get the chassis and body parts from?"

From me, Rally Replicas!