EVO 200 REPLICA

For chat and information about cars that look like a RS200 but actually are not one
Mike 2

EVO 200 REPLICA

Post by Mike 2 »

Most of you may have noticed Bill's car on eBay, It looks very nice and will save you five years build time (at least) doing one of your own. (I understand the record is 20 years so far!).

Bill also had a set of replica speedlines made up for this car which really sets it off, so no need to search for 25 year old originals anymore, just ask Bill about a new set!

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-RS200-replic ... 43a6a12845

CheeRS
Mike
RS200WRX

Re: EVO 200 REPLICA

Post by RS200WRX »

Makes my 6 month build start to finish a record too then. Luckily I was able to work on it full time. Took 7 weeks to get it into paint after the initial build, the moulds I bought were not in the slightest bit straight.
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

My replica took about a year of weekends to think out and complete working on it mostly alone, the rest having Alan on board who was a great help.

After the car was originally completed, inspected and re-registered with the DVLA, then had its magazine feature; I would say I have probably spent more time playing with the engine spec's, dash & facia changing and getting the period VDO instruments in place than I spent putting the car together itself! Although there has been no time scale or rush to get this side of things done. Most of the time has been spent driving it which is what I built it for.

I still keep "umming and arring" about painting on blue stripes, and fitting my works stickers, but thats for another day (er year!) perhaps.
jimsrs200

Post by jimsrs200 »

Hi All
Can any one help i need the stripes put on a RS200
Thanks Jim
RS200WRX

Post by RS200WRX »

If I was in the uk Jim I'd do them for you I have the measurements and layout in my head.