RS200 KitCar Manufacturers

For chat and information about cars that look like a RS200 but actually are not one
mrx79

RS200 KitCar Manufacturers

Post by mrx79 »

Hallo,

i would like to build a RS200 kitcar as close as possible to the original spec's.
So mid engine / 4wd is a must...

can someone tell me some good companies which are still in business to get in contact who could help me with my project.

Thanks
RS200WRX

Re: RS200 KitCar Manufacturers

Post by RS200WRX »

as far as I'm aware no one does a mid engined 4wd replica. I have built 5 Impreza based rs200 replicas, which give excellent handling and performance 4wd power steering mine has about 340bhp which is more than the original road going versions, 2 of the Impreza based cars have changed hands for £35k. I have number 5 with me in Cyprus now.
mrx79

Re: RS200 KitCar Manufacturers

Post by mrx79 »

Thanks for your answer... i'am came a bit of from the vision of a 4wd replica... but in any case the number of replica companies seems to be rather small.

Right now my wish is it to build a 2wd-rwd mid engine model.
My main goal is it to build the replica as close as possible to the original bodyshell. So suspensionwise... drivetrain i will limit to 2wd in any case due to complexity reasons.
The most challanging factor right now will be the registration, so i can legaly use it on the road.

But i will keep you updated...