Synchro Rings - again!

Any parts for sale or wanted and links to such adverts
Blue Oval Boy

Synchro Rings - again!

Post by Blue Oval Boy »

Hi All

Following on from the previous thread on this subject, the only thing I have been able to unearth is steel rings. I simply do not want to fit these, I am certain they will work fine, but I am concerned about level of wear on the conical face of the gears. If worn, these could be much more expensive to replace. I am seeing both worn out rings and broken rings in the gearboxes I have serviced recently.

I have researched the material, I believe I have the right spec. I have a machine shop capable of producing them for me. Subject to final confirmation, It looks like they will come out at £350 for a set of 5, plus postage,insurance etc. for 10 sets being made.

I simply do not have the cash or demand for 10 sets myself, but I am aware of others needing some also, you know who you are!

Can I ask for expressions of interest at this time, if I get to 10, I will ask for cheques to be sent and push the button on it. Cheques would be cashed just prior to the rings being sent and me getting the machine shop bill.

Cheers

Simon

Happy to answer any questions, public or pm