RS200 Distribution

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
DonChron024

RS200 Distribution

Post by DonChron024 »

hey Guys, so i was wondering where the RS200 was sold, was it just in the UK? or was it all around the world, primarily the United States?
Nikki

Re: RS200 Distribution

Post by Nikki »

Hi DonChrono,

I believe mostly they were all sold direclty to customers via Boreham from Ford itself... However it didn't matter where the customer came from... A large chunk stayed in the UK but a few made it to other countries too. They were available as both Left Hand Drive and Right Hand drive.

If anyone else had extra information on this subject feel free to chip in. :-)

Cheers,
Klaus
Suzi

Post by Suzi »

Hi guys

The information I have collected in my books indicates the following:
This was as of 1989 when the last cars were being delivered. I'm sure many have changed hands since...
52 in the UK, 27 to USA, 20 to Canada , 14 to Japan, 7 to Sweden, 6 to West Germany, and 4 each in Spain, and Norway
One each in France, Italy, Monac, Luxembourg and Portugal
Also of the 120 remaining cars Boreham had to sell, 57 were RHD and 63 were LHD
Hope this helps :)
Cheers
Suzi
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

If my memory serve's,

Car's that were destined for North America did not have type approval and therefore could not be driven on public roads.

Canada was ok as was all of Europe and beyond.

However, if you have a kitcar replica such as mine - being MR2 Turbo based you could.

There is a KARA which was built in UK then exported to the USA and re-registered. It is on US plates, this car was the one seen in the "Fast and the Furious" movie and also on "You Tube".

CheeRS
Mike