Anyone know these cars?

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
skyline

Anyone know these cars?

Post by skyline »

i have inherited a large collection of FORD RS / MG / CHEVROLET / LANCIA / PEUGEOT / VAUXHALL / FIAT and more marques original negatives / slides / etc from an ex journolist and motoring photographer. and as part of these, there are a good amount on the RS200. and wondered if any of these are still around?? maybe owners are on here? or contactable.

beside the reg's i mentioned there are also around 30 strips of negatives (each with around 6 shots per strip), of the RS200 build process, and factory (i am told these never made it into print, and so are unseen by the masses!)

the ones of actual cars i have show the following Reg's

A200 EV - From what i was told when i got this from the photographer - "living in Epson, when I shot the pics for its sale ad. It went to a collector in Scotland i think. I shot it on June 2nd 1995. it was used in brighton speed trials and the specs say 0-60 3.07 sec 604bhp @ 8500RPM, and i have photos showing it with the trophy from the event. also pics with what appears to be 1992-1993 guiness world record books on top of the cars bonnet,

also theres F200 XUY - looks to have the famous swedish rally stripes etc.

also D*** PJN or FJN - i havent scanned this in as yet so cant see the reg the best. i have seen this car in mags from the era i think.

and then theres two cars that are simply labelled 2 rs200 prototypes, they dont seem to have number plates, can anyone give any info on these?

and a few from goodwood festival of speed, 1995-96.

i basically was interested to find out more info on the models featured throughout my collection i now have, but being very interested in RSOC and the RS cars, im concentrating on these, as i have tens of thousands of items, which probably show hundreds if not thousands of individual cars.
my plan is to scan them all in, and then make them available for publishing use, as i've had interest in using them in books etc.

thanks

dan
skyline

Re: Anyone know these cars?

Post by skyline »

i have just seen photos on the database of XUY.

does anyone know which mag those pics come from in the little slide show? because those are the exact photo's i acquired the CopyR and negatives for. i knew they were used in a mag, but not which one!

Re: Anyone know these cars?

Post by 173 »

Hi Dan,

A200EV belonged to Alan Fenwick. His car ran at Brighton Speed trails and if memory is correct won Fastest Ford on the day. Driven by Graham Hathaway. Also was for a time fastest 0-100-0 road car and is in the Guinness book of records.

Steve G