Retro Rallycross Group B Demo @ Lydden Hill 24/25 May

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
tbtstt

Retro Rallycross Group B Demo @ Lydden Hill 24/25 May

Post by tbtstt »

Thought I'd post this on the forum to give you guys early warning. I see the Retro Rallycross Challenge will be running a demo at the UK round of the World Rallycross (RallycrossRX) Championship at Lydden in May.

They are promising a big display of Group B cars, with some of them taking to the track. Dates for the round are the 24th and 25th May.
tbtstt

Re: Retro Rallycross Group B Demo @ Lydden Hill 24/25 May

Post by tbtstt »

Forgive the double post, but LD Motorsports have confirmed that they are currently rebuilding Pat Doran's rallycross RS200 (Rosie) and it will be back in action in 2014: brilliant news!
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Forgive the triple post on this thread, but I have seen more details have been revealed concerning the Group B cars of the weekend.

As well as the return of Pat Doran's RS200, there will also be Rob Gibson's 6R4, Olle Arnesson in his Audi Sport Quattro S1, Lawrence Gibson in his 6R4 and Stian Hafsengen in the ex-Iversen RS200 out on track. Plus a static display including Lancia 037, Lancia Delta S4, Peugeot 205 T16, Nissan 240RS and Citroen BX4TC.

I was excited for the World Rallycross Championship round anyway, but I seriously cannot wait now!

More information here:

http://www.britishrallycross.co.uk/news ... oss-in-may
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

But well worth the triple post! ;)
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Pat Doran's rallycross RS200 almost complete for next weekend:

Nikki

Post by Nikki »

That is going to be one great event !!! I so wish I could have made it but unfortunately I'm already tied up at an event in Belgium... Please take lots of pics... 8-)
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Don't worry, I will be taking lots of RS200 pictures!
twin turbo

Post by twin turbo »

no good :(

luckily Pat got away With not to much damage. hope he recover witout lasting problems :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlRnvkpDiu8
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Lucky escape, the fire crew should have lifted the rear cover to get to the actual source of the fire. I trust Pat was OK.
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

I understand Pat had some burns, but was back at the track on Sunday and no worse for the wear. I have read no official reports yet, but have seen a couple of comments indicating that the car isn't beyond repair and will be back.

Have to say I was absolutely gutted to watch the whole thing. The car passed me (at the bottom of Paddock Hill Bend) and all was well. 20 feet later on it was completely enveloped in fire. Frightening how severe the fire was and how quickly it took hold, lucky Pat got out without serious injury.

I may have one or two pictures of the car (will post them up if I do), but I had been planning to go round it and intensively photograph it Sunday morning. Unfortunately this happened Saturday afternoon and the car was (understandably) no where to be seen Sunday. :(