Re: Ken Block ch080??

Post by twin turbo »

yes he have...
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Interestingly Ford are now sharing a video of Blocks "new" RS200:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEp6a2bkNk

Where it is claimed to be chassis #34. Is that right and, if so, where did #80 end up?
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

tbtstt wrote:Interestingly Ford are now sharing a video of Blocks "new" RS200:

Where it is claimed to be chassis #34. Is that right and, if so, where did #80 end up?
Yes very odd that is... If it is indeed 34 that'd be a shame as it was a very nice, unmodified example... :-(

Hope it is 080 but they just don't want to disclose it for any reason... Unless they're preparing a second one in different specs, this being the "road legal" one.

Hopefully we'll know more sometime soon.
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Nikki wrote:
tbtstt wrote:Interestingly Ford are now sharing a video of Blocks "new" RS200:

Yes very odd that is... If it is indeed 34 that'd be a shame as it was a very nice, unmodified example... :-(

Hope it is 080 but they just don't want to disclose it for any reason... Unless they're preparing a second one in different specs, this being the "road legal" one.

Hopefully we'll know more sometime soon.
Absolutely. Be interesting to see some engine bay shots of the new Block car to try and figure out exactly what specification it is. As you say, I hope they haven't butchered a clean car.

EDIT: There is a walkaround video of the car here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSGWenFJSYs&t=28s

It has several factual errors, but Block mentions a 2.4L engine and the car originally being blue, so it seems likely this is #80. I wonder why the video says #34?
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Just a thought... If you count the number of cars that were sold or registered (i.e. removing all "dismantled for parts" or "never existed") between 001 and 080, you end up in the region of 30-35, depending on one counts some of the prototypes as well as chassis 23 and/or 76...

Maybe this is what they did ? :roll:

It also mentions in the first video that it's the 34'th car "built" by ford but does not mention that 34 is the actual chassis number... In itself this could also be an inaccuracy as chassis numbers where not assigned on a sequential basis. :P
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Nikki wrote:Just a thought... If you count the number of cars that were sold or registered (i.e. removing all "dismantled for parts" or "never existed") between 001 and 080, you end up in the region of 30-35, depending on one counts some of the prototypes as well as chassis 23 and/or 76...

Maybe this is what they did ? :roll:

It also mentions in the first video that it's the 34'th car "built" by ford but does not mention that 34 is the actual chassis number... In itself this could also be an inaccuracy as chassis numbers where not assigned on a sequential basis. :P
I quite like Ken Block, but I actually found the video a bit annoying: having spent a lot of years dreaming about owning an RS200, I have used a lot of that time trying to learn more about them.

Quite irritating that he has got one and half the information he quotes about in the video is wrong!
cardy

Post by cardy »