Oil Pump Rotors

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
steveboyslim

Oil Pump Rotors

Post by steveboyslim »

I am having some oil pump rotors made for the front mounted pressure oil pump, these will be wider than the originals so the housing will need machining (something I can sort).
The rotors will be 30% wider than the originals a modification done to some competition engines, which will cure to low idle oil pressure and increase oil volume flow, should be around £400 for the rotors plus housing machining cost.
Anyone interested ?

Steve
torqueatif

Re: Oil Pump Rotors

Post by torqueatif »

steveboyslim wrote:I am having some oil pump rotors made for the front mounted pressure oil pump, these will be wider than the originals so the housing will need machining (something I can sort).
The rotors will be 30% wider than the originals a modification done to some competition engines, which will cure to low idle oil pressure and increase oil volume flow, should be around £400 for the rotors plus housing machining cost.
Anyone interested ?

Steve
Is this a common modification for competition cars or works cars Steve ?
Johnhoyle

Post by Johnhoyle »

Hi Steve,
Did you ever get the oil pump gears made/sorted?
Have you ever tried them on the engine, to see if it cured the low oil pressure at idle?
Regards John
steveboyslim

Post by steveboyslim »

Oil pump rotors have been used in a couple of engines for several years, made an improvement but the idle oil light can occasionally be seen after hard or track use, there was an improvement in the volume and pressure as we had to adjust to pressure relief valve from it's original position to reduce the oil pressure when the revs increase.

Steve