Engineering drawings for RS200 rear light

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
AM3D

Engineering drawings for RS200 rear light

Post by AM3D »

Hi Guys

AM3D is a 3D printing company that is looking to 3D print parts that are not manufactured anymore. we currently have a client that needs a rear light case for a RS200. we have a sample however the light lenses is glued to the light case so we can only 3D scan the back part and have no idea of what the inside looks like with out damaging the front leans. What i am looking for is any engineering drawings that i can use to draw up the rear light case in CAD and then i can 3D print the case. any help with this situation will be appreciated.

Thanks

Liam Monte
AM3D
Justin Smith

Re: Engineering drawings for RS200 rear light

Post by Justin Smith »

Do you mean this bit....
rear_light.png

...or the HELLA bit under the rear?
AM3D

Post by AM3D »

Hi Justin,

I am talking about the Hella bit under the rear.
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

Ah.

The homologation papers refer to it as a 53257R6 which is a HELLA part number but I cant make much more else out from the paperwork as it's all in German but there are no technical drawings that will help you in your quest.

I have googled that part and the images are not right (from what I can tell from this website https://www.anhaenger-ersatzteile24.de/ ... ext_page=2) as RS200's have the whole top section as amber indicator not just a corner.
lens.png
I do see them on Ebay from time to time marked up as "trailer lights" so you might be lucky, this looks very similar for instance... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heckleuchte- ... SwEnZa6p~5 and in fact if you look at the part number they refer to it as a "E1 31445, E1 53257" so I think it is one.
lens2.png
I think you said you are planning to create the lens, it should unclip (so you can change the bulbs), are you sure it is glued?
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

Liam,

I ordered one and it is identical, you need a left and a right to make a set.

Saved you some time ;)

Justin