The "Texaco" RS200

This area is for cars that ARE a RS200 but that were not assembled by FORD
Justin Smith

The "Texaco" RS200

Post by Justin Smith »

Some might argue this car should not be in here as it was actually assembled by Ford but I guess not in the normal sense.

There are various stories about this car, here I am going to try and get all the facts down in the right order with help from the audience!

Date Unknown - Ford apprentices took a part built? vehicle as part of their project for the year and finished the build - More detail sought

Date Unknown - In 2009 I was sent some images which include the car - More detail sought

2003 - Paul Wilson, while at Ford Heritage, needed the car running for an event and trusted that work to Steve Stripe who had a local guy look at the engine. They did manage to get it running only to then find the gearbox had a problem so this then needed removing and fixing but in the end it was passed back as a running car which I believe is for the first time.

December 2001 or March 2004 (the data on the photos has both dates but probably the latter) the car was taken by Paul Wilson to Flaine in the Alps for a press event.

Date Unknown - The car was re-painted white and remains in the Ford Heritage Fleet