103 - E83LUV - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (JS) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

103 - E83LUV - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (JS) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

From the FORD papers I have seen I believe this car was originally sold to Wolfgang Schnepf from Germany about March 1988 and had the UK before leaving of E83LUV but I think it was shipped very soon after purchase to Japan via Mr K Yoshida and in April 1989 off to the USA to George Raterink of Colorado.

In December 2003 I found the car whilst surfing the internet looking for a RS200 to buy for myself, it was residing in Las Vegas at http://www.autocollections.com and when checked in November 2009 it was still there with the write up:-

"1986 FORD RS200 GROUP B - RIGHT-HAND-DRIVE - ROAD VERSION RALLY CAR - ID# SFACXXBJ2CGL00103 -THIS PARTICLUAR CAR IS A RIGHT-HAND-DRIVE ROAD VERSION CAR WITH 1,100 ORIGINAL MILES AND WAS ORIGINALLY OWNED BY YAMAHA"

Sep 2017 - Car 103 was for sale at Bonhams in the UK and sold for a recorded £135,900 + 5% import duty - https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24122/lot/209/
The RS 200 has remained in the US until now, and was on static display for the past decades at the well-known Auto Collections in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is recommended that a thorough mechanical check-up and service is performed, including replacement of the timing belt, before running this potent, Group B competition car. The car has not been started for the past decade.

Today, this rare RS 200 presents in highly original state throughout, and does not appear to ever have been used much. The odometer reads just under 1,200 miles. The exterior does not appear to have been disturbed since finished at the factory, with original emblems and decals intact. The racing-themed interior appears to be in equally original condition, and feature the red steering wheel and gear knob. The engine compartment is a treat for any fan of racing cars; everything is high-tech even by today's standards, with pipes and hoses running everywhere, dry sump tanks, and the massive intercooler bridging over it all.

Feb 2018 - I have spoken to the new UK owner (JS) who is pleased to say DVLA re-issued E83LUV to the car.

Hopefully we'll have some images of the car during the year when the weather turns :)

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images