107 - 1029 W 06 - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner NOT known - May be in Monaco

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

107 - 1029 W 06 - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner NOT known - May be in Monaco

Post by Justin Smith »

From the FORD paperwork I have read I think this car was originally sold around March 1986 to Christian Jaquillard from Geneva, Switzerland.

In September 2004 I was sent some images by (KS) (another 200 fan from Swizerland) and we think they are of chassis #107. They are of someone driving a 200 in the Historic Rally of Antibes (South of France) in 1995/6. The person driving is not Mr Jaquillard but it is the same car that Mr Jaquillard contested the 1986 Swiss Rally Championship. So until I here otherwise I will put the images here :)

In 2019 a friend (thanks James) sent me a link to the car for sale on Ebay which is interesting as I had heard nothing about the car since 2004!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-Group-B ... 1438.l2649
Ramsport are proud to offer for sale this fully original Ford RS200 rally car, Chassis number 107, which has just undergone a full mechanical refurbishment here at ramsport during 2017/18. As one of the most original examples of an RS200, this car is almost unrivalled in the quality of its condition and originality.

​Following the ban on the Group-B competition formula in 1986; This car was sold to one Christian Jaquillard in Geneva, Switzerland, who in 1991 then sold the car on to the current owner; an avid collector and valued client of ramsport based in the south of France. Having already commissioned a complete restoration of his International works-spec MG Metro 6R4, Ramsport was delighted to be entrusted with the refurbishment of his RS200.

​The car has been in the current owner’s possession for over 25 years, used on only a couple of occasions prior to arriving at ramsport for an elaborate mechanical service and refurbishment. The car was meticulously stripped to bare shell and chassis, and every component, part and system has been rebuilt from the ground up, retaining all possible original components. Preserving the pedigree of such a unique and historical car during the restoration process was of fundamental importance to us.

The interior retains the original dashboard, gauges, clocks and switches, all of which have been restored using the original spec loom installed on sites. Authentically finished in its original white colour scheme and adorned with a rare red and yellow variant of the classic ford works cars livery; this RS200 represents a fundamental part of rallying, motorsport and automotive history.

With a debated number of fewer than 200 cars ever built, a large proportion of which have since been written off or modified this is one of very few cars to retain some of its character for over 30 years, built in period by factory technicians using factory parts. Opportunities to acquire such a car are extremely rare.

£450.000

For more information please contact Ramsport UK Ltd

Telephone: 01745 890470

Email: sales@ramsport.com
I have added the images to the database :)

2020 Sep - I was contacted about examining the car. I never found out where the car was but the contact came from Monaco.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images