115 - A20ORS - 1.8 - RHD - Red - Current owner known (MM) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

115 - A20ORS - 1.8 - RHD - Red - Current owner known (MM) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

From reading original FORD paperwork I think #115 was originally sold to Stuart Heath from W Sussex around April 1989, like many other chassis at the time, it did it's fair round of venues being used as a promotional car for various dealers. It was white when it was sold by FORD but was red last time I saw the car.

I saw this car at the 2004 RS Owners club national day at Donnington Park, it look very nice in gleaming red and it appear to have power steering which is quite rare, it would be interesting to know the story behind that as not many had this feature, it was, apparently, a pig to make it all fit ! At that time it was shown as being owner by (PA) who also B2OOT.

In August 2007 I received a load of emails as #115 has appeared at a FORD dealership for sale (along with a very nice RS500!).

The advert read:-

"Own a Piece of Motorsport History - For Sale is a rare piece of motorsport history, number 115 of the 200 RS200's manufactured.

Ford RS200 BDT 16 valve 1800cc - 4 Wheel Drive - Number 115 - Original Condition - Unmodified - Not Damaged
Manufactured in 1986 - 15,142 miles - Change between 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive at the push of a leaver
3 former keepers - All keepers contacted and verbally verified that mileage is legitimate - M.O.T until June 2008
Ford Power Steering! Very rare and unique for an RS200, as fitted by Julian Godfrey Engineering
Includes various service receipts, M.O.T documents and log books.
Along with this unique vehicle you also get the distinct registration plate - A200 RS
Aston Martin Tickford Fitted: 350 BHP Kit Adjustable Boost - Rally Lamp Pods - Intercooler Ears - Interior by Ghia - Condition of Sale
No time wasters please, offers in excess of £55,000

If interested please call (01325) 300003 - Please note no test pilots genuine interest only"

In March 2008 the seller told me the new owner was (AC) from Ireland - I am yet to make contact with them. (hint ;)

May 2021 - I was sent a link to #115 being offered for sale

2022 - A video was posted on YouTube featuring car 115

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images