118 - F666MSL - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner NOT known - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

118 - F666MSL - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner NOT known - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

From the original FORD records that I have read I believe that this car was originally sold to Mr (BH) from Derby about August 1988 along with a 300 BHP kit, lamp pod and full harness seatbelts.

In June 2007 I had an email from (M) who is (BH)'s son. (B) sadly passed away in 2006 so (M) has inherited the car. She had not been run for 10 years and still only had 1007 miles on her. I am still waiting for some images ! (HINT ;)) - I would chase him but I have lost his email address :(

In February 2008 Suzi has sent me a couple of images she found (thanks).

June 2010 - I have been told by a friend that #118 is due to be given a bit of a freshen up this year with a view to her getting back out on the roads of the UK.

February 2022 - I received this email today from Bobby Berwick

"Afternoon. Was looking through Google and came upon your post. I actually Sold Brian his RS200. Brian was an absolute gentleman, I flew down to East Midlands where he personally picked me up in his Porsche 959! I actually stayed with him in his home for a couple of nights along with his lovely wife and Son Mark. Even though I was only 23 yrs old, he treated my more like a friend than his Salesman. Sadly missed. Bobby"

Booby also sent this image:
RS200.PNG
Nov 2022 - 118 was sold at auction at the NEC classic. I grabbed some images while I was there. It sold for £292,500 plus fees.

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/sa0 ... ford-rs200

"Well documented, it was supplied by Frews of Perth, one of the nine Rallye Sport Dealers in Scotland, to Mr Brian Holmes in Derbyshire who was the former Managing Director of Chesterfield-based Auto Windscreens, which probably explains why it comes with a new boxed spare windscreen. The RS joined his Collection which included an RS500, also supplied by Frews. It was fitted with the 300bhp upgrade, a multi-light grille lamp-pod, full competition Sabelt harnesses and finished in Ford Motorsport’s iconic blue and white livery.

The RS200 remained with the Holmes family until 2010 and had still only covered around a 1,000 miles when it was entrusted to RS200 expert Geoff Page for a total engine refresh. The work is fully documented in the history file. It revisited GPR again in October 2012 for a throttle pot and full spanner check before being exported to a collector in Japan. He decided to reduce his collection and it returned to the UK last month with an indicated mileage of 7,794. It's supplied with the original alloys, spare screen, light-pod cover, original exhaust and its factory owner's manual."

July 2023 - I've seen this car in the flesh in Essex and also seen it's recent tuning results but as yet do not have the current owners contact details.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images