119 - RS200B - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (SS) - Tasmania

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

119 - RS200B - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (SS) - Tasmania

Post by Justin Smith »

According to the FORD documents I have read I think this car was originally sold to (JC) from Essex about August 1988 with about 10,400 miles on the clock and if I am right, this was stolen in the late 80's - I have heard that (NS) owned it (who also owned mine #193) which would have been after the theft so I can't work that out.

A quick HPI on it's UK index of E58EVW check shows:-

Vehicle details
Manufacturer Ford
Model RS 200 4WD
Body type 2 door saloon
Colour White
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 30 December 1988
Number of previous owners 2
Last owner change 03 April 1998

The last owner change is 1998 shows someone is using the VIN number ?

In November 2004 this car was shown for sale on Ebay, it was at a dealers in London, I wanted to get up to get a look at the VIN plates but what with Xmas I never got a chance but in March 2005 the car was listed again on Ebay and someone looking to buy one but not being near London asked me if I would go and have a look over the car for him which I did.

In summary, there were lots of things "not right" about it if you were to ask "is it the original chassis 119" but yes it is a RS200 and not a copy or anything. I am not going to list the things I noticed here - If I had to hazzard a guess, I reckon someone has built up a car from spares to original spec and has somehow convinced DVLA that it is the original chassis 119 and thus they have re-issued the log book.

Anyway, in May 2005 I got some great news, #119 has a new owner, (PJ) from NZ. He knows all about the history of #119 and is taking her in and giving her a loving home, and it sounded like it was going to be a working one ! - The plan was to rebuild the car but to competition spec to run in a tarmac rally series. Having raced a 6R4 and recently just sold a 205T16 (again recently raced) a chance find of #119 for sale in London led to a purchase after confirming as much as possible about her history, including the fact that we think it is running around 480 BHP. - This was really great news that the car will continue to survive !

In December 2006 Jonny Armstrong sent some good images and there is plenty of information all over the web about (PJ) campaigning the car - HARD !

In October 2009 I was told that she had moved on to a new owner - I am hoping the owner will make contact but I am told it is (SS) in Tasmania and in November 2009 (SB) sent me an image of #119 in her new colours. ( Thanks :) )

In March 2012 Jeff Gilbert dropped me an email updating me on #119...

"Hi Justin, I was trying to find out some history about this car when I came across your forum. From what I can tell this car is now based in Tasmania but is still carrying its NZ registration (RS200B). This car was entered in the Calder Rally in Melbourne, Victoria this weekend and was driven by Stephen Sims and Jobe Sims was the Navigator. I have attached a couple of photos of it."
Calder_007.jpg
Calder_006.jpg
If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images